I Need New Brakes, Shocks, Struts. Want performance quality. Where Should I GO?

jetjaguar13

Original poster
May 15, 2012
I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer.
75000 miles

Anyone who has installed performance grade parts, I need direction.
I HATE floating on the highway and bopping in the City.

I had the factory crap, and I want a ride that is smooth and as close to "fun sporty" as I can.

Its my primary vehicle, but I'd like to drive to work "thinking" it’s an Impala. lol
Soon I will search for performance transmission, have the PCM (power train control module) reprogrammed, and then improve the intake and Exhaust.
Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
A lot of people go with the Bilstein HD, and I did those in the front.

Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

for the rear you can stay with the bilstein HD Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

Or you could go with the KYB KYB shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

As far as brakes I strongly reccomend the Centric Fleet Performance pads front and rear.

More Information for CENTRIC 30608820

More Information for CENTRIC 30608830

There is a good chance your rotors are still good, but when you change pads you should take a wire brush to the rotors and lots of brake cleaner to start with a fresh surface. If you need new rotors I reccomend ACDelco, Centric, or Raybestos.

More Information for CENTRIC 12566051

More Information for RAYBESTOS 580019

Good Luck.

jetjaguar13

Original poster
May 15, 2012
Wow!

Thanks for the immediate reply.:thumbsup:

I have plans for my trailbalzer, and of course these are the "needs" for it.
The rotors haven't been replaced yet, but I am also going to change them.
ARe Bilstein still the "Great" brand to go with or is it the ONLY shocks and struts TB people use?

I wouldn't know because I am rplacing big items like that as they are needed to be replaced.

tblazerdude said:
A lot of people go with the Bilstein HD, and I did those in the front.

Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

for the rear you can stay with the bilstein HD Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

Or you could go with the KYB KYB shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

As far as brakes I strongly reccomend the Centric Fleet Performance pads front and rear.

More Information for CENTRIC 30608820

More Information for CENTRIC 30608830

There is a good chance your rotors are still good, but when you change pads you should take a wire brush to the rotors and lots of brake cleaner to start with a fresh surface. If you need new rotors I reccomend ACDelco, Centric, or Raybestos.

More Information for CENTRIC 12566051

More Information for RAYBESTOS 580019

Good Luck.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There are other brands for front struts (check the available list on rockauto.com or shock warehouse) but I don't know of anybody who's really disappointed with the aftermarket Bilsteins. Bilstein also provides the GM OEM shocks for this platform, but those black painted puppies are NOT at all as satisfying as the yellow/blue aftermarket ones. I discarded my OEM shocks with under 9000 miles and never regretted it.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
If u want the low look then get a lowering kit. It rides nice and low like an Impala. My envoy is my dd and i love the way it rides. I have the belltech lowering kit.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
Pittdawg said:
Why does this kit allow for only the front to be lowered when our front is already lower than the rear :confused:

itsa adjustable front kit ie 2 inches lower to 2 inches higher than stock

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
NORCAL SS said:
itsa adjustable front kit ie 2 inches lower to 2 inches higher than stock

Well now you piqued my interest...if I adjust one inch higher in the front will that give me more room to play with adding larger tires without rubbing the stock ball joint? What effect on handling does raising one inch have compared to stock height? I hope I'm not thread hijacking...

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
its will just clear body more. You need the correct offset wheels to clear the upper balljoint area.

These shocks are valved great and they are better then teh hds that i used to sell to customers plus up to 2 inch lift cant go wrong.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online