I have codes out the butt hole I need help asap

Dada

Original poster
Apr 8, 2016
Miami
ok so I was driving my 2004 GMC ENVOY XL 4.2L i6.
As I started heading home my envoy started to have a power loss and it started jerking in low speed and my check engine lights started flashing so I plug in my code reader and I got these:

C0550
C0110
P0014
P0016
P0455
P0128
P0756

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Did you run out of fuel again? On a more serious note what is some of the pertinent history for this vehicle? Any recent maintenance? How many of these codes have shown up before? With you having a code reader I suspect there was a need to purchase a code reader like your CEL coming on. How many miles on the engine/ plugs/ and the last time you cleaned your throttle body. A bit of history would help. Do share.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The first two are for ABS motor issues. Do a quick check of fuses and grounds to start.

P0014 and P0016 are for timing issues. Check,clean or replace the cam position sensor and the CPAS to start. The P0016 is not a common one. Could also be an issue with the crank sensor but if you mess with that, you will likely need a CASE relearn.

P0455, check or replace the gas cap to begin with. If that doesn't fix it, you have a large evap leak somewhere.

P0128, replace the thermostat

P0756, shift solenoid B stuck off. Could just need a new shift solenoid. Don't know which one is B. You could replace all of them and do a fluid and filter change at the same time.

Reactions: Redbeard

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
With what everyone has already stated it looks like you would benefit from doing a PCM reset and clean your throttle body.

Dada

Original poster
Apr 8, 2016
Miami
The first two are for ABS motor issues. Do a quick check of fuses and grounds to start.

P0014 and P0016 are for timing issues. Check,clean or replace the cam position sensor and the CPAS to start. The P0016 is not a common one. Could also be an issue with the crank sensor but if you mess with that, you will likely need a CASE relearn.

P0455, check or replace the gas cap to begin with. If that doesn't fix it, you have a large evap leak somewhere.

P0128, replace the thermostat

P0756, shift solenoid B stuck off. Could just need a new shift solenoid. Don't know which one is B. You could replace all of them and do a fluid and filter change at the same time.

Thank You so much for the info I really dont want to lose my Envoy. Also would you know the size of the Cat for 2004 Envoy ? im thinking of taking off the cat

With what everyone has already stated it looks like you would benefit from doing a PCM reset and clean your throttle body.[/QUOT
Did you run out of fuel again? On a more serious note what is some of the pertinent history for this vehicle? Any recent maintenance? How many of these codes have shown up before? With you having a code reader I suspect there was a need to purchase a code reader like your CEL coming on. How many miles on the engine/ plugs/ and the last time you cleaned your throttle body. A bit of history would help. Do share.

Cleaned the throttle body in April and changed the plugs in Jan this year
(Truck starts very very well). my truck Envoy have 145,000 miles , I have a code reader but its a cheap one and didnt give me alot of info but it does spit out codes. my Envoy jerks when I slightly press on the gas peddle. hope I have answerd alot for you.

With what everyone has already stated it looks like you would benefit from doing a PCM reset and clean your throttle body.

Whats PCM again? sorry I don't mean to sound stupid

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The PCM is the computer. I would definitely check the throttle body, We have had people in the past that have claimed cleaning it twice a year. I surely would not want to go directly to replacing a bunch of parts if there is no real need. Some of this could stem from the the fuel cap not being on tight and simply replacing the thermostat.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Pipe size is 2.75". If it's working fine and not plugged, why take it off?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online