i got a new pup!!!

ZOOMDWEEBEE

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
View attachment 23695 Got a new puppy.. pure bread Black Lab.. not sure if it's a good idea or not but what the hell.. seems to be pretty smart.. let's hope not a pain!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 7-06-2012 001.jpg
    7-06-2012 001.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
We got ours the end of August...

2012-09-17_10-16-44_2.jpg

He's got a problem with thinking our hands are toys and he can nip on them. Still trying to break him of this habit, but loves his crate and we put a bell on the door to ring when he needs to go outside, he now rings it when he needs to go out.

He's our replacement after our last black lab of 11 yrs past away in February. Best dogs IMHO.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Congrats on the dog. I wanted a Lab, but I had to compromise with the wife and got a Golden Retriever instead. Close enough though. He's pretty much a Lab with long hair anyway.

Opeth said:
We got ours the end of August...

2012-09-17_10-16-44_2.jpg

He's got a problem with thinking our hands are toys and he can nip on them. Still trying to break him of this habit, but loves his crate and we put a bell on the door to ring when he needs to go outside, he now rings it when he needs to go out.

He's our replacement after our last black lab of 11 yrs past away in February. Best dogs IMHO.

My last dog and my current one both ring bells to go outside. Except our dogs don't ring it when they NEED to go out, but when they WANT to go out.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Congrats! Labs are great dogs. Just be sure to work some energy out of him everyday. He won't be couch potato for a couple years yet :biggrin:

dingle

May 26, 2012
I remember when my chocolate lab was that small. Now he's a 105 pound lap dog. He's not very smart but he knows how to sit and poop outside so we are good.

ZOOMDWEEBEE

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
This is my 2nd lab.. had a chocolate that was 13 yrs old.. he passed away 3 yrs ago.. so it was time to get another lab.. his dad weighs in at 133# and mother is 98# so im guessing that he will be around 120#.. he likes to play fetch already and seems really interested in the throwing dummy with phesant wings on it.. and he's pretty much insane as most lab puppys are.. :raspberry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696