I found it!

eightshot627

Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
The thump I’m been hearing and feeling for the last month. In situations where the front end would get light and then come down hard on the driver’s side I would hear and feel a “thump” under my left foot. I have done a lot of work on my left front this winter and I was sure something else was wrong. I replaced an axle and a wheel hub in January in two different weekends so I was sure something didn’t go back together right. After the fourth time I had the tire off, I finally found the problem. A piece of gravel was on top of the frame rail caught in a hole in the frame. I put a wrench on all the fasteners, pried on and whacked everything up there and it turned out to be a f*&^%$#@ing rock!

Walt

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Lmao. That's one of those small annoying things that will drive you insane. I will say I did happen to find a rock the size of a golf ball sitting on top of the lower control arm against the frame rail. Just glad it did not get jammed or anything. On the other at least you found a rock and not something that would have wound up being very expensive.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online