Hub Mounting Bolts

reedtchsrv

Original poster
May 24, 2013
Not sure whether to post this in drivetrain or suspension. It falls into the sweet spot. I had an order with GMPartsDirect for a month for three 11517155 hub mounting bolts. They cancelled it due to prolonged backorder. Does anyone have the ability to do a dealership inventory search? Does anyone have some sitting around?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Just get them from NAPA or any professional parts place. I'm not certain of the exact length, but they're probably 40-50mm. You can measure yours or take one in. The GM one is special only that it has a captive washer. You can certainly deal with a loose hardened washer to add yourself.

M12 X 1.75 thread
10.9 hardness (similar SAE grade 8)

reedtchsrv

Original poster
May 24, 2013
I can't find grade 8 metric flange head on mcmaster. What would your thoughts be on their 92820A645 (provided that that's the length once I measure?) Ignore my ignorance on grade. All that I think I know is harder=more brittle, so I hate to take a chance on a set of bolts that hold everything together and help prevent death.

edit: You said 10.9. My bad. I'm going out front to rip one out right now.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
I would think junkyards would have them for a dime a dozen, unless you have your heart set on brand new ones.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Hypnotoad said:
I would think junkyards would have them for a dime a dozen, unless you have your heart set on brand new ones.

I would go to the auto parts store first and ask them, may just have some in stock, then the yard is next... if all else fails you can go to mcmaster, or fastenal and get the size you need, found this on the OS:
GM# 11517155

M12 X 1.75 (metric 12mm in size---1.75 designates coarse thread)

10.9 Bolt grade / hardness (similar to an SAE grade 8)

Hex head with a loose but non-removable 3/32"(2.4mm) thick washer attached.

19mm socket fits hex head.

Bolt length measured from bottom of hex head to end is darn near 2" (50mm) (this includes washer thickness)

Color is light gray Zinc coated with light gray Thread-locker (Loctite) pre-applied.

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
I would first call your local GM dealer, they can do an inventory search of other GM dealers....if this doesn't work

then...

Napa would be my first choice, they might have some...

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
coolasice said:
I would go to the auto parts store first and ask them, may just have some in stock, then the yard is next... if all else fails you can go to mcmaster, or fastenal and get the size you need, found this on the OS:
GM# 11517155

M12 X 1.75 (metric 12mm in size---1.75 designates coarse thread)

10.9 Bolt grade / hardness (similar to an SAE grade 8)

Hex head with a loose but non-removable 3/32"(2.4mm) thick washer attached.

19mm socket fits hex head.

Bolt length measured from bottom of hex head to end is darn near 2" (50mm) (this includes washer thickness)

Color is light gray Zinc coated with light gray Thread-locker (Loctite) pre-applied.

There shouldn't be anything hard to find about that thread, pitch, grade, or length.

Cool as Ice, did you get the name from the Vanilla Ice movie?

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Hypnotoad said:
Cool as Ice, did you get the name from the Vanilla Ice movie?
Just a name i've been using since high school... (been 18 year or so).. was my original IRC nickname back in the day

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucashailey

Members Online