hptuners

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Does anyone have this set up on their Tb? I'm wanting to retune our since the dealership flashed and reprogrammed the computer. What are the advantages of hp tuners vs pcm4less tune?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I do. Hptuners is more of a street tune. Tune it to ur liking. Pcmforless is a mail tune which has generic settings. (Not all tb's are alike). Hp tuners u have someone sitting next to u (in my case) and adjusts things that u want or don't want. it too adjust transmission shifts and timing tables in the engine. Its awesome.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
cmatb08 said:
Does anyone have this set up on their Tb? I'm wanting to retune our since the dealership flashed and reprogrammed the computer. What are the advantages of hp tuners vs pcm4less tune?

Who did your original tune? If I'm not mistaken, pcmforless will reflash your tune as they keep it on file, or they can email it to you and you can use the hptuners to upload it yourself.. that is if you got your tune from pcmforless..

But yes, a street tune is by far better then a mail order tune..

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Pcm4less did my original tune but we have moved back to as since then. I had a couple options it mind. Get another tune through pcm4less, have my local Chevy dealer do it (500 bucks), or do hptuners. Which I think I can adjusts when needed right?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yea....u can adjust whatever u need on hptuners. My guy don't charge me anything if I need an adjustment.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
hptuners is a tool used to tune. you still need someone who knows how the ins and outs of computerized efi to do the tuning. you can pay pcm4less to send you tune files to flash to it or have someone local modify it and use feedback from the o2 sensors and knock sensors to dial it in. or you can get some books and learn however understand that it isn't trivial. don't expect to plug the thing in and figure it out in a week.

it takes 2 credits per vin and they cost $50 a piece, however it comes with 8 credits out of the box

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
^^ yep. Which when u know someone who understands hptuners is a great $$ to get tuned.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
cmatb08 said:
Does anyone know where I could get it done in az?
There use to be a couple of places in Phoenix that did it. It has been years since I have been down there though.

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Ok cool. I sent an email to Ho tuners and they don't know any places out here that does it.

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
marshall@pcm said:
Yeah, you can also purchase HPTuners from us along with an email tune. We can go back and forth a couple times with you as changes are made, and you sending in datalogs, until it's perfect.

We've done so many trailblazers, there is usually 0-2 horsepower left on the table between our mail order stuff and a dyno tune.

Pm sent

Feb 24, 2012
I use HPTuners and do my own tunes. I have tuned my old '98 Riviera, many Grand Prixs and my 8.1 Yukon. It's a great tool if you know how to tune. If you are a novice it takes some practice and understanding. There are books written on the subject. Tuning is not for everyone.

Based on what I've seen on this site, PCMforless is the way to go for the TB.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online