• rem_tbdash.jpg
    rem_tbdash.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 25
  • rem_evdash.jpg
    rem_evdash.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 22

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for posting this. I just got the 6disc factory bose radio off tbssowners for $40 (I know its not a big upgrade but hey it was a steal).

Matt

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
No worries. Maybe this can be stickied.

bspurloc

Dec 27, 2012
went to take my Radio out to check its part# and inputs at Midnight 22F cuz I figured the diagram made this look way easy....
My car doesn't have that Step 2 bolt pic 1, no big deal.... the big deal is getting to STEP 2 bolts from pic 2. You can not just simply slide the plastic carpet down as the Shifter Center Console's woodgrain plastic finish totally blocks access to these bolts and also blocks being able to get the plastic carpet down far enough to have any angle at them.
SIGH.... do I have to remove or loosen somehow the center shift console? any easy way to get this to move back an inch?
blah the cold really gets to you when you realize you cant complete the task in a quick fashion haha...

I didn't remove the Full plastic assembly in step 1 maybe that would open up more access to step 2 bolts from pic 2?

Matt

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I honestly couldn't tell you...I have a TB and have to remove a whole lot more!

bspurloc

Dec 27, 2012
[video=youtube;AmrooChXpeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmrooChXpeg[/video]

Ok he only removed the 6 bolts! I don't know how he got that much access pushing down the plastic rug!
The center console on mine is almost 1/2 inch higher totally blocking those 2 screws

jeffro312

Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
bspurloc said:
[video=youtube;AmrooChXpeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmrooChXpeg[/video]

Ok he only removed the 6 bolts! I don't know how he got that much access pushing down the plastic rug!
The center console on mine is almost 1/2 inch higher totally blocking those 2 screws

I remember those screws it was a pain and for the life of me can't remember how I got them out over a year ago...but I do know one thing. Its been a year and I never put those pia bolts back in so my cover just pops on and off with ease and no issues so far

bspurloc

Dec 27, 2012
jeffro312 said:
I remember those screws it was a pain and for the life of me can't remember how I got them out over a year ago...but I do know one thing. Its been a year and I never put those pia bolts back in so my cover just pops on and off with ease and no issues so far

Yeah when I get them out I doubt I will put them back in! I am thinking a thin screw driver and extreme force downward can get them out.

bspurloc

Dec 27, 2012
Ok.... I got a long screw driver and used that to pry up the 2 screws. took them out and let them drop where they are. there is no need for them, unless all the console clip mounts are broken off... haha...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online