Hope this wasn't anyone on here....

Mesoholics

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
As someone who has a few run-ins with Road Ragers (generally because I drive slightly over the limit and don't feel shy about giving people who run reds/stop signs a view of my grille/horn) I hope that the TB involved in this incident wasn't a member here

After Fatal NJ Road Rage Crash, Drivers Charged With Vehicular Homicide: Gothamist

Basically a Trailblazer and a Honda Pilot were engaged in an escalating battle of rage on a public highway when the 2 vehicles collided an an unbelted passenger in the Pilot was ejected/killed. Now both drivers are being charged with Vehicular Homicide.

My stories include

- Kids in a Yukon trying to throw things at my old truck after I highbeamed them for running a stopsign and pulling directly in-front of me in the middle of nowhere
- Guy in a Durango following me ridiculously closely for miles (up to a driveway in my neighborhood as there was no way I was showing him where I live) after I didn't let him beat me at a local stoplight/merge lane. This light has 2 lanes that go straight but one ends about 50 yards after you cross through the intersection, light goes green I am in the non-merge lane and destroy the guys truck in my dads (now my) G6 GTP. I go 10 KM/H (6MPH) over when the speed limit of the roads is 60 or more, and the combination of losing to a seemingly innocent 4dr sedan was obviously too much for his ego to handle (little does he know I cut a .08 avg light at the track and have honed my reaction time through years of incredibly tough / physically exhaustive computer gaming :wink:)
- Guy the other day who felt the need to yell at me for "tailgaiting" when he blew a red light and turned in front of me I asked him when red lights became optional and he shut up and turned.

Anyway pretty scary stuff when people take their anger to the public roads and the result is death/murder charge.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Wow honestly as bad as it sounds they got what is coming to them!! First off really a honda and your speeding? come on now lol and second driving like that usually ends bad!! I personally see people who do things like that and those are the people you let off and "win" because some people do what they can do "win" or whatever they want. Then again to make things worst your NOT wearing a seat beat and your speeding? Come on now so many things wrong with this, it has stamped bad to start with. May God help there families for there lost because I am sure it is hard to get news like that and maybe also open some other people eyes to be more careful too!

People are Fu@king crazy!!! If someone was following me honestly I would just call the cops. Most units respond to those drivers and do pull them over once they know your location. Yeah once I was in the left turn lane as someone across from me was also in his pos and the lane clears and I am ready to go turn and the jerk hits it in the lane and almost hits me and I honked my horn and the bastard gives ME the finger!! :hissyfit::hissyfit:

I can see how a CCW comes in hand sometime lol

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Had a Ford Expedition or something roll over on its side Sunday, and it ended up on the driver's side. TV reporter on the scene said he was not wearing a belt, and was "partially ejected", and the video was pixilated in that part of the vehicle. What they SHOULD have said as a warning to everybody was: "The driver was partially ejected, and partially sandpapered off and is now part of the roadway."

Mesoholics

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah once I was in the left turn lane as someone across from me was also in his pos and the lane clears and I am ready to go turn and the jerk hits it in the lane and almost hits me and I honked my horn and the bastard gives ME the finger!! :hissyfit::hissyfit:

Some guy did that to my sister the other day, while merging onto the highway (we were in the far left lane) he goes and attempts a no-signal 3 lane change and tries to cut in front of her doing about 20MPH slower than we were going, looks in his mirror as he is about to cut over (we are braking) jerks his wheel back to the right and stays in the centre lane and flips us off as we go past.... :confused:

the roadie said:
"The driver was partially ejected, and partially sandpapered off and is now part of the roadway."

That + unpixilated picture may be more effective then saying "click it or ticket".... sad to say. :crazy:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I read that the vic was 63 years old. Here I assumed that it was some young punk who was too cool to buckle up. Instead, it was Mrs. Doubtfire who was too cool to buckle up.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I"ve been on the receiving end of road rage and while thankfully nothing bad actually happened in the end it was rather scary. No one in the car with me was even involved in the first move that triggered the madman to flip out. I'm just glad I wasn't the driver in the car as the guy who was knew the area much better.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.