hope mods go ok

newfie6719

Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
2005 trailblazer updating to vet servo new pcm tune and new tranny lines any tips would be good

thanks

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Here's a clip of something I had posted elsewhere.

Well, I put the vette servo in.
I saw the posts about how you have to lower the transmission a little so it will come out, so I decided to see if – by some miracle – mine would come out as is.
It didn’t, but it looked close. It hit where the underneath of the passenger floor starts to go up into the center hump. I thought – that’s just a bit of sheet metal in my way. Got a short length of 2x4 and a 3# mini sledge. Three whacks and presto – the servo came out. (I pulled the servo out till it hit - used a marker and marked the sheet metal - pushed the servo back in - then put the 2x4 on the mark and hit it)
Some may cringe at that but I really didn’t have to move it very much. Can’t even tell from inside. I’d do it that way again in a heartbeat. I went out to take a picture of how little it must be moved but can’t get a good shot of it with the heat shield back in place.
I should have taken pics along the way but I was doing it in my driveway with limited time and temps in the mid 20’s at times.

I’m not one to hide my oops’s!!
Doing the servo, everything went fairly well. Once I got the old one out I looked at the new parts and figured what I hadda do. It took a little remembering what went where and the worst thing was that big innermost snap ring. Wasn’t too bad getting it out, but had to talk to it a little putting it back in! Then put it all back in the trans but couldn’t get it to go in all the way – pried, talked, pried some more. Took it back out and looked in the servo opening and saw a spring that I didn’t know about – the one that goes on the shaft before you put it back in!! Then it fit.

I'm pretty sure there's a video on youtube.
I would probably do the transmission lines first though - you may need to make more room to do that and then not need the hammer!

EDIT - If you go to this thread there's some great how-to's by MAY03LT. Check out the one for cleaning the throttle body and resetting the pcm. You can change your pcm by just pulling 2 fuses instead of unhooking the battery. (plus you might as well clean the throttle body!)

newfie6719

Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Black LT said:
Here's a clip of something I had posted elsewhere.

Well, I put the vette servo in.
I saw the posts about how you have to lower the transmission a little so it will come out, so I decided to see if – by some miracle – mine would come out as is.
It didn’t, but it looked close. It hit where the underneath of the passenger floor starts to go up into the center hump. I thought – that’s just a bit of sheet metal in my way. Got a short length of 2x4 and a 3# mini sledge. Three whacks and presto – the servo came out. (I pulled the servo out till it hit - used a marker and marked the sheet metal - pushed the servo back in - then put the 2x4 on the mark and hit it)
Some may cringe at that but I really didn’t have to move it very much. Can’t even tell from inside. I’d do it that way again in a heartbeat. I went out to take a picture of how little it must be moved but can’t get a good shot of it with the heat shield back in place.
I should have taken pics along the way but I was doing it in my driveway with limited time and temps in the mid 20’s at times.

I’m not one to hide my oops’s!!
Doing the servo, everything went fairly well. Once I got the old one out I looked at the new parts and figured what I hadda do. It took a little remembering what went where and the worst thing was that big innermost snap ring. Wasn’t too bad getting it out, but had to talk to it a little putting it back in! Then put it all back in the trans but couldn’t get it to go in all the way – pried, talked, pried some more. Took it back out and looked in the servo opening and saw a spring that I didn’t know about – the one that goes on the shaft before you put it back in!! Then it fit.

I'm pretty sure there's a video on youtube.
I would probably do the transmission lines first though - you may need to make more room to do that and then not need the hammer!

EDIT - If you go to this thread there's some great how-to's by MAY03LT. Check out the one for cleaning the throttle body and resetting the pcm. You can change your pcm by just pulling 2 fuses instead of unhooking the battery. (plus you might as well clean the throttle body!)

thanks for the info already did the tb about 2000k ago was thinking the same thing about the fuses for pcm just wandering what 1's to pull it would suck to fry the pcm
thanks

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
newfie6719 said:
2005 trailblazer updating to vet servo new pcm tune and new tranny lines any tips would be good

thanks

http://gmtnation.com/f79/transmission-cooler-line-r-r-5083/

my only advice is to be familiar with how the lines disconnect, and to decide if you want to mess with the clips, or use a tool like
View attachment 23502

Lisle 22720 3/8" Disconnect for Jiffy-tite
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003V5U53I/?tag=gmtnation-20

I ended up cutting the old lines as an easier alternative to fighting with corroded connection between front and rear sections., was able to pull them out into the passenger side wheel well to use a cutoff tool well away from hoses and such in the usual location.

make sure the plastic cover is close to the end before you reattach trans lines to the engine block.

Attachments

• jiffy tight.jpg
    jiffy tight.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 38

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online