Hood Scoop

BigNed

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Has anyone ever tried making a hood scoop { like a subaru } that dumps fresh cold air into the resanator with a air filter in it. Like the old style hot rods??? I'm looking into making something like that, all idea's are welcome,good and bad.??? Ned

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well there are a couple issues with this...

1) The air filter isn't on top of the engine. You could probably come up with a new air filter setup however.

2) This one is the kicker - You have a MAF sensor and you'd be dumping air in after it. The vehicle wouldn't like you very much, and these things HATE getting their MAF sensors played with.

Trailshaman

Dec 7, 2011
there is a hood you can buy that has a functional hood scoop that dumps into the stock air box. If you wanna go that route. There are several members who have the diffrent variations of functioning hood scoop but all of them i believe had to get new hoods.

NighTblazer

Jan 23, 2012
FYI - The Scoop on the Subarus have the intercooler for the turbo in it not the intake filter.

BigNed

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I was just trying to find out other way of getting more fresh air to engine, I know about the Good Hood, but I didnt know about the Maf sensor. Thanks for the replys, and advice, this is a great place. But I'm still going to try other things. Ned:thumbsup:

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
I know Kutchar has one that dumps air into the Air Box

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online