High priced TB for sale? Maybe someone can help me understand

DocBrown

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
When I took my TB off of craigslist.com after I sold it, I ran across this. If this is being sold by a member here, maybe you can chime in and help me understand what makes this worth $11k. For everyone else, especially you off roaders, maybe you can offer some thoughts.

I've been around customized cars for the better part of the past 35 years. Unless you get something appraized, mods typically don't do anything for the value, in fact they usually devalue it, even if they were expensive mods.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4434822617.html

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Yah. Overpriced. I don't recognize it, so I just emailed him to see if we DO know him over on ortb.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
DocBrown said:
I've been around customized cars for the better part of the past 35 years. Unless you get something appraized, mods typically don't do anything for the value, in fact they usually devalue it, even if they were expensive mods.
I hear ya on that. I've been looking for a new (to me) SUV and people think that 26" rims and some car sudio goodies make their $5000 vehicle worth $10000. The facepalming part is when they only list the mods but not relevant info like engine size, mileage, and options.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
think iv'e seen it before. possibly on GMT, maybe OS. seem to remember the combo gas set up.
might have been a storm chaser.

essaycho348

Mar 7, 2012
that's me! I'm guilty.

I don't think its worth 11k but someone else may :smile: I don't really want to sell it but I wondered if I would get any bites if I put it out there for a crazy price. Heck if someone offered me 8 for it I would take it. It seems like craigslist is full of so many people low balling so if I ask a really high price and someone 'low balls' me their low price may end up being a price I would take. Like I said not in a big rush to sell, just seeing if I got any interest.

DocBrown

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Thanks man! I'm one of the low ballers! Actually I got fair market private party value for mine. I started off kind of high and didn't get a single call untill I dropped the asking price $500. There's at least 25 TBs for sale in our area. Prices are all over the place. The guy that bought mine said the ones he looked at were higher priced and in poor condition.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
essaycho348 said:
It seems like craigslist is full of so many people low balling so if I ask a really high price and someone 'low balls' me their low price may end up being a price I would take.
Brilliant! :cool:

I sat on my SS wheels for years because I wouldn't budge on the price. The price was fair and not negotiable. Some people think that because reality shows show low ball scores that it can happen to them.

essaycho348

Mar 7, 2012
exactly, I also have an rx8 for sale for $6500 I get about ten calls a day on it with people stating that they'll give me 4000 cash tonight. Its annoying and it gets old. The car is just about the cheapest rx8 out there and I think my asking price is fair. That's my reasoning in throwing a test subject out there with a high price to see if a low baller actually hits the price that I want for it. Plus I like the TB a lot and wouldn't sell it unless I get a good price for it, its been one of the most reliable vehicles ive ever owned.

GrizzlyDippah

Apr 18, 2014
I hope you get a bite but at 212k idk who would be dumb enough not to knock it down a few grand. Nice truck though.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Interesting.... It's my color, too... gets my heart thumping... locking rear... hmmm now, about that price and timing :undecided:

Dude, get it aligned for free today! Geesh, you get them for free and it needs it. If you're not interested in immediate sale, I may be interested. Just don't tell my wife :thumbsup:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I list stuff high on CL all the time, it does ward off some potential buyers, but in the long run if you have the time to wait it is worth it.

Robbabob said:
Interesting.... It's my color, too... gets my heart thumping... locking rear... hmmm now, about that price and timing :undecided:

Dude, get it aligned for free today! Geesh, you get them for free and it needs it. If you're not interested in immediate sale, I may be interested. Just don't tell my wife :thumbsup:
You can have mine for $5000 :wink: . I will even deliver, can you accept it next week?

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Nice Trailblazer. I'm of the mind a car is worth what someone is willing to pay. That being said yeah 11k is high.

amweaver47

May 15, 2012
This is what gets me

"need an alignment, I get them for free so if your serious about buying I can have that done for you."

As Robbabob said, If it needs an alignment AND you can get one for free, why wouldn't you do it? Hell if you had to pay for an alignment that it NEEDS why wouldn't you do it? I mean I guess if you are just thinking of ways to eat up expensive 33" tires so you can get a new tread pattern then I guess...

But what is this guy smoking price wise? If his is worth $11,000 then my joking, sarcastic price of 6 grand cash is way low. That's what I say when people ask if I'd sell. Mine has 239,000 and a fresh transmission. AND doesn't need an alignment since I care about maintaining my vehicle. I understand when you make modifications to a vehicle you become attached but get real man. I hope he gets what he wants for it but I think he needs to take a closer look at the true market.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online