HID Questions

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Jkust said:
Are those 6k's? They look white not blue if they are.

Yupp they are 6k! They have a tint of blue not too much! Once they are fully warm they do not have that much blue in them! You can see some blue on the ground, Pictures are never the best with lights lol

If you look at a closer shot of the lights, they you can see that tint of blue in there

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 5

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Yupp they are 6k! They have a tint of blue not too much! Once they are fully warm they do not have that much blue in them! You can see some blue on the ground, Pictures are never the best with lights lol

If you look at a closer shot of the lights, they you can see that tint of blue in there

Yup I think it is just the picture. Looking at the picture of the cement next to the patch of grass, i'd swear I see a green hue like the camera is doing something funny.

What I do notice though is it looks like more light is coming out of all the aftermarket kits without the projector compared to my OEM's with the projector built into the headlight unit. The projector seems like it is a more narrow beam concentrated on the road and the aftermarkets seem like they light up more all around per the pictures.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Jkust said:
Yup I think it is just the picture. Looking at the picture of the cement next to the patch of grass, i'd swear I see a green hue like the camera is doing something funny.

What I do notice though is it looks like more light is coming out of all the aftermarket kits without the projector compared to my OEM's with the projector built into the headlight unit. The projector seems like it is a more narrow beam concentrated on the road and the aftermarkets seem like they light up more all around per the pictures.

Yeah usually taking pictures of light is really hard lol

Not really! A projector is a lot better on light just because it projects the light onto the road much better. It takes the light and evenly spreads it out and cuts off at a point. Vs our OEM halogen housing, they will have some hot spots with the light. Now ignore the second picture I have up because I think the camera made it seem like there is a lot more light in one spot vs the other lol

Ill tell you what I notice and I think its the projectors playing tricks with our eyes, is that all the cars that have projectors and HID's as a factory lighting, have that tri-color affect coming at you depending if they hit a bump etc with is normal with projectors to do that. But if you look at the light on the ground coming from those cars, they seem almost yellow white vs mine seems blueish white. When we both have 6k HID's...all factory lighting are 6k right? Or maybe im wrong but I was told that. I was told its the projectors that do that.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Well after a lot of thinking and talking with my dad I have made my Decision Dum Roll Please............ I'm not going to get HID's :frown: Instead I'm going to get PIAA Extreme White Plus. There are just to many reasons why I'm not going to get them. The main reason is that they are Illegal and I just don't want to take that chance. I know most of you will disagree. So PIAA Extreme White Plus are what I have decided.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Cable810 said:
Well after a lot of thinking and talking with my dad I have made my Decision Dum Roll Please............ I'm not going to get HID's :frown: Instead I'm going to get PIAA Extreme White Plus. There are just to many reasons why I'm not going to get them. The main reason is that they are Illegal and I just don't want to take that chance. I know most of you will disagree. So PIAA Extreme White Plus are what I have decided.

If that is what you want to do go for it man! What you want is what you should do :yes:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ItsOnVoy said:
If that is what you want to do go for it man! What you want is what you should do :yes:

:iagree:

you wouldnt of had to worrry about the po po if you had gottten the lights though.. honestly, ive never seen or heard of someone being pulled over for their lights... we get more tint tickets then we do lights... and for a side by side light comparrison of regular headlights to HID's.. here is my SS next to my Grand Prix... i have 8000k so that wouldve been outta the picture for you, but you can see the extreme difference in brightness...

2011-11-11183025.jpg

2011-11-11183042.jpg

look forward to seeing how the PIAA lights work for you.. post pix when your done :yes:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Now how many watts are those PIAA Extreme White Plus going run you?

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Boricua SS said:
look forward to seeing how the PIAA lights work for you.. post pix when your done :yes:

I definitly will!!

Taken from PIAA

Bulb Type 9005 (HB3)
Wattage 60w = 120w, 4000K
Technology Xtreme White Plus with XTRA Technology

Bulb Type 9006 (HB4)
Wattage 51w = 115w, 4000K
Technology Xtreme White Plus with XTRA Technology

Bulb Type 880
Wattage 27w = 50w XTRA, 4000K
Technology Xtreme White Plus

60w=120 watt: provides 120 watts of light using just 60 watts of power. Same goes for the Lows.
The fog lights are 880?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online