hi beam not working..

unico13

Original poster
May 30, 2012
Good day to all., I am putting my HID next week so I decided to kill my DRL today. and suddenly I realize i dont have hi-beam,though im not using my hi-beam and i didnt touch anything yet.
So i decided to check the fuses and relay from the front fuse box.,(I switch the hi and low for fuses and hi-hdlmp and a/c for relays., and still no HI.
I take off my grills and head lamp and test how many volts Im getting and what i can see is only .1v or 1v to my tester., So now i dont know where I should start, should i check my switch or do i have to dig more to my electrical wiring?:confused:
hope that some one can help me, coz i want to have quad or 6 lights if i kill my drl and install my HID.,

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
unico13 said:
Good day to all., I am putting my HID next week so I decided to kill my DRL today. and suddenly I realize i dont have hi-beam,though im not using my hi-beam and i didnt touch anything yet.
So i decided to check the fuses and relay from the front fuse box.,(I switch the hi and low for fuses and hi-hdlmp and a/c for relays., and still no HI.
I take off my grills and head lamp and test how many volts Im getting and what i can see is only .1v or 1v to my tester., So now i dont know where I should start, should i check my switch or do i have to dig more to my electrical wiring?:confused:
hope that some one can help me, coz i want to have quad or 6 lights if i kill my drl and install my HID.,

Before you go digging into anything, (and this may sound like an obvious question) but are you 100% sure that your hi beams stopped working when you killed the drl's? Also, what route did you go for the drl killer? specifics on how you went about it would make diagnosing what your problem may be quite a bit easier. Have you tried removing the drl killer and checked for hi beam function?

unico13

Original poster
May 30, 2012
NinjuhhNutz said:
Before you go digging into anything, (and this may sound like an obvious question) but are you 100% sure that your hi beams stopped working when you killed the drl's? Also, what route did you go for the drl killer? specifics on how you went about it would make diagnosing what your problem may be quite a bit easier. Have you tried removing the drl killer and checked for hi beam function?

thank you for your quick response., as I mentioned on my post I didnt touch anything yet., I want to do the relay DRL killer though..
and as i am not using my hi-beam frequently I didnt notice when my Hi stops., i just noticed this morning when inm checking all my lights.,thats what I want to fix first before i go to DRL killers and quads.,

unico13

Original poster
May 30, 2012
Hi to everyone!!!
im not using my hi beam everytime.. i dont even remember when the last time i used it., and this morning while planning to kill my DRL., I checked all my lights and noticed that i dont have HI-beam, so i removed my bulb and check it., it looks like no problem at all, to me,and im thingking its impossible that both my hi- beams are busted.,
so i get my tester and get the voltage i have while my switch into high beam., i get .1v or 1v., so tried to switch my fuses and relay in the front fuse box, still no luck., :frown:
Now I dont know where i should start to fix my High's.,
Hoping someone can help me for this matter.,:confused:
thank you in advance!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
unico13 said:
I take off my grills and head lamp and test how many volts Im getting and what i can see is only .1v or 1v to my tester.

Are you testing this at the high beam connector?
When you did this test, was the headlamp 4 pin connector plugged in?

unico13

Original poster
May 30, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Are you testing this at the high beam connector?
When you did this test, was the headlamp 4 pin connector plugged in?

yes the 4 pins are connected., and i removed my 9005., and put my leads of my tester to the +/- of my high.,
what I know right now is theres no voltage goong in if i turn on my Hi beam., ;(

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
unico13 said:
yes the 4 pins are connected., and i removed my 9005., and put my leads of my tester to the +/- of my high.,
what I know right now is theres no voltage goong in if i turn on my Hi beam., ;(

What vehicle is this in? (If you fill out your profile it will make things easier:cool:)

Assuming it's a trailblazer or envoy, try this test next.

Turn the high beams on.
Put the black lead of your tester on the negative battery terminal.
In the front fuse block, use the red lead of your tester and touch the tops of fuses #2 and #3, like this:

1e4f22d4.jpg

What you're looking for is battery voltage on those two fuses. They will only have voltage with the high beams on!!!! The results of this test will determine what to do next.

unico13

Original poster
May 30, 2012
MAY03LT said:
What vehicle is this in? (If you fill out your profile it will make things easier:cool:)

Assuming it's a trailblazer or envoy, try this test next.

Turn the high beams on.
Put the black lead of your tester on the negative battery terminal.
In the front fuse block, use the red lead of your tester and touch the tops of fuses #2 and #3, like this:

1e4f22d4.jpg

What you're looking for is battery voltage on those two fuses. They will only have voltage with the high beams on!!!! The results of this test will determine what to do next.

thank you for your quick reply!:smile: So I did what you asked.. and I didn't get any voltage when she's on high.:biggrin:

so i tried to test when Im on low and im getting 14v something,. and according to my diagram #2 & #5 are for highs and #3 & #6 for lows..
the first image is when Im in low and the 2nd when Im on high. i Tested the left and right for both hig and low and I got the same result 14v for low nothing for high.
hope you can help me to solve this problem..
asnd Im sorry for not filling up or updating my profile..:biggrin: I did already though..
oldsmobile bravada 2002

Attachments

• 481766_10201185556546780_1280388905_n.jpg
    481766_10201185556546780_1280388905_n.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 575618_10201185556346775_1913009856_n.jpg
    575618_10201185556346775_1913009856_n.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 3

bobdec

Apr 19, 2013
See diagram, no voltage to both hi beam fuses looks like relay 43 is not picking, fuse 14 is bad (missing +12V) or no ground to pick to rly 43 from the BCM.. There is a conflict with the fuse numbers. This diag says fuses 2 & 8 are for hi beams. This is a "TB" manual.. not Olds.

Attachments

• Noname2.jpg
    Noname2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 15

unico13

Original poster
May 30, 2012
bobdec said:
See diagram, no voltage to both hi beam fuses looks like relay 43 is not picking, fuse 14 is bad (missing +12V) or no ground to pick to rly 43 from the BCM.. There is a conflict with the fuse numbers. This diag says fuses 2 & 8 are for hi beams. This is a "TB" manual.. not Olds.

thank you for your reply., ill check it right away., i will post my diagram for fuse box., know i dont know if im wrong with the numbers coz im so confused yesterday.,what i know is both highs dont have voltage.,
and if i switch the relay #43 with the same relay which we can see in our fuse box,it should work right if the relay is the prob?
but i didnt check the fuse 14 or equivalent to my diagram.,
hoping thats the only problem..:confused:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Yeah I've run into this before with some diagrams not noting the differences in the models. bobdec is spot on, test #14 next.

unico13

Original poster
May 30, 2012
thank you MAY03LT and bobdec,. what i did is pull the #14 #2 & #5 asnd the relay #43 and put a new one...
your help is much appreciated now I can go for killing my DRL and going to have quads but I want to have my fogs as well so I have to read the forum..
and I attach my fuse box diagram..:smile: thank you again guys!!!

Attachments

• 248114_10201190314625729_2032843462_n.jpg
    248114_10201190314625729_2032843462_n.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Awesome! Thanks for updating us with the fix!

So was #14 blown?

Also no problem man....and give yourself some credit too, you were out there testing circuits before you made the thread. I love it!:wootwoot::thumbsup:

unico13

Original poster
May 30, 2012
MAY03LT said:

So was #14 blown?

Also no problem man....and give yourself some credit too, you were out there testing circuits before you made the thread. I love it!:wootwoot::thumbsup:[/QUOT

Thank you for compliment! :smile: But I think I owe you guys..:0
Anywys I think the #43 or the #14 coz I just put the new one and test my high beams right away and I didnt want to pull it out again (maybe am doing this whole day) LOL
and now I am ready for my killing drl and Im expecting my HID's next week. And I just saw some projectors and wondering now if theres any availabale for my vehicle..:smile:

Again thank you guys!!

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
unico13 said:
MAY03LT said:

So was #14 blown?

Also no problem man....and give yourself some credit too, you were out there testing circuits before you made the thread. I love it!:wootwoot::thumbsup:[/QUOT

Thank you for compliment! :smile: But I think I owe you guys..:0
Anywys I think the #43 or the #14 coz I just put the new one and test my high beams right away and I didnt want to pull it out again (maybe am doing this whole day) LOL
and now I am ready for my killing drl and Im expecting my HID's next week. And I just saw some projectors and wondering now if theres any availabale for my vehicle..:smile:

Again thank you guys!!

...he said projectors :loveintheair: :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.