Help with bulb and cruise

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
I ordered some led 3157 bulbs for my top rear sockets. Well i tried one in the right socket only now it had no voltage to it everything else works, blinkers , reverse lights fogs front turns etc. Oh and now my cruise control doesn't work either. Wtf ? Is there a fuse somewhere other than under the hood.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
did you get teh SRCK style bulb? the brake bulb is a special bulb.. unless you have modded circuit boards to accept non SRCK style LED bulbs...

and since it has no voltage, im guessing that you dont have brake lights either? there are fuses under the rear seat... blew mine when i first installed th wrong LED's 4 years ago when i first got my SS... as for cruise control.. i have nothing there for you..

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Ok found the fuse blown under the seat lights are working now. But im freaking out the cruise still doesn't work.......i didn't see a fuse unless i passed it. Im really mad about this all from a stupid $6 set of 5050smd red lights which aren't even bright !!!!!!:banghead::thumbdown::mad:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Did you change back to OEM bulbs? If not you'll blow the same fuse every time you hit your brakes.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry for ur luck....but after u put the original bulbs back in.....check the cruise control fuse to see if its blown. If not... pull all the fuses and check them to see if any of them r blown. I mean ALL fuses...the bcm under the seat and the ones under the hood. I had this issue after doing the drl killer and didn't dis connect the battery....sparks are not a good thing.(lol). Lickily I didn't fry the bcm. But any how this method worked for me to figure out which fuses were blown...and got shit workin again.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ghost said:
Ok found the fuse blown under the seat lights are working now. But im freaking out the cruise still doesn't work.......i didn't see a fuse unless i passed it. Im really mad about this all from a stupid $6 set of 5050smd red lights which aren't even bright !!!!!!:banghead::thumbdown::mad:

that means you bought the wrong LED's then... especially for $6 for the pair... unless you just found one hell of a deal :crackup:, I've never seen SRCK's that low in price for a pair...

as Shawn stated, if you leave the wrong bulbs in there, you'll keep blowing the fuses... do you have an OM that came with the truck? it will be a lot easier to search what fuse is what, since the OM has illustrations...

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Boricua SS said:
that means you bought the wrong LED's then... especially for $6 for the pair... unless you just found one hell of a deal :crackup:, I've never seen SRCK's that low in price for a pair...

as Shawn stated, if you leave the wrong bulbs in there, you'll keep blowing the fuses... do you have an OM that came with the truck? it will be a lot easier to search what fuse is what, since the OM has illustrations...

Lastnight i replaced every bulb except interier bulbs and headlight to all sylvania oe bulbs. According to the manual there is no cruisecontrol fuse.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Is it possible T.A.S is engaged? I'm going to go unplug the batt for a few hours.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea, i just looked at mine, and did some research online and see that there isn't just one fuse for CC... dare i say it, i even looked at the OS for info... and it could be nuuuumerous things... some have tried the unplugging of the battery, some say it could be a burnt out light (3rd brake light), some say it could be a misfire throwing a code that doesnt trigger the SES light, the CC switch itself, other fuses related to the issue, rpm's, mph, etc...

hope you figure it out.. would hate to read that a $6 mod caused all these issue's or worse yet, an expensive repair bill...

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Boricua SS said:
yea, i just looked at mine, and did some research online and see that there isn't just one fuse for CC... dare i say it, i even looked at the OS for info... and it could be nuuuumerous things... some have tried the unplugging of the battery, some say it could be a burnt out light (3rd brake light), some say it could be a misfire throwing a code that doesnt trigger the SES light, the CC switch itself, other fuses related to the issue, rpm's, mph, etc...

hope you figure it out.. would hate to read that a $6 mod caused all these issue's or worse yet, an expensive repair bill...

Well i disconnected the battery for an hour, no cruise. .I guess i can pull the plastic shroud off the column and unplug the switch and plug it back in......i'm pretty bummed out / Teed off/ sad!

how could a bulb cause a misfire lol. The switch is brand spanking new!! it would be pretty Erie for it to go out the same time the bulb fuse went out. Ill have to find the OBD2 tech scanner and plug it in but i highly doubt there is any engine problems.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Wireplug is broke under the pedal i am assuming because now only the high stop light glows. the two upper lights no longer light up. great now i cant drive to work tmrw
It was a 15amp fuse blew not sure how or why is it possible everytime i try to enguage the cruise it.blows the stoplight fuse ?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ghost said:
how could a bulb cause a misfire lol. The switch is brand spanking new!! it would be pretty Erie for it to go out the same time the bulb fuse went out. Ill have to find the OBD2 tech scanner and plug it in but i highly doubt there is any engine problems.

:duh: i never said a bulb would cause a misfire :rotfl:, i said the possible causes of CC not working includes a misfire condition... was your CC working before the bulb swap, maybe its been out for a while, and you're just now noticing..

Ghost said:
Wireplug is broke under the pedal i am assuming because now only the high stop light glows. the two upper lights no longer light up. great now i cant drive to work tmrw
It was a 15amp fuse blew not sure how or why is it possible everytime i try to enguage the cruise it.blows the stoplight fuse ?

when only my 3rd brake light lit up, it was due to blown fuses as well... i took it into the dealer as i was/am still under warranty, and they replaced my fuses, and actually part of my wire harness to the circuit board becuase it had burnt up a little bit of the coating around the wires...

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Boricua SS said:
:duh: i never said a bulb would cause a misfire :rotfl:, i said the possible causes of CC not working includes a misfire condition... was your CC working before the bulb swap, maybe its been out for a while, and you're just now noticing..

when only my 3rd brake light lit up, it was due to blown fuses as well... i took it into the dealer as i was/am still under warranty, and they replaced my fuses, and actually part of my wire harness to the circuit board becuase it had burnt up a little bit of the coating around the wires...

Yes cc was working. Well I'm going to grab lunch and see if the cruise works now.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Changed hvac and hvac 1 fuses under the rear seat lights work cruise works
Yay ! Guess i better just stay far away from led bulbs for the rear stop lights. I did order led white bulbs for my fogs.:biggrin: those should be fine

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ghost said:
Changed hvac and hvac 1 fuses under the rear seat lights work cruise works
Yay ! Guess i better just stay far away from led bulbs for the rear stop lights. I did order led white bulbs for my fogs.:biggrin: those should be fine

interesting.. through my readings i found that the HVAC is tied to the CC.. well the circuits share a fuse.. was it #30 or something like that? i thought the website was full of it lol... guess it had some truth behind it.. glad you got it figured out.. but i wouldnt detour away from LED's.. just make sure you know what you are doing before you do a mod.. a simple search wouldve shown you that regular LED's dont work for our brakes.. just reverse lights, turn signals, dome lights, fogs in your case, etc... but for brake lights.. you need the special SRCK style bulbs... or buy a modded ciruit board that can accept regular LED's...

again, glad you got it fixed...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online