help regarding tapping the block or oil pan

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I plan on tapping the block or the oil pan on the voy sometime in the next 2 weeks for my oil return line from the turbo. I was wondering if someone could guide me as to where the best spot for this would be?

if possible could you indicate where on this picture? I really appreciate the help!
THANK YOU
- Mike
View attachment 26706

Attachments

• GM_Parts_Engines_4point2L_LL8.jpg
    GM_Parts_Engines_4point2L_LL8.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 13

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Can you use one of those adapters that goes to the oil filter mount that lets you use an external oil cooler?

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
thats a pressurized location. I am using an adapter there for my oil feed line but the return has to have no back pressure or ill blow the seals in the turbo :sadcry: i just dont know where specifically on the block or pan is a good location. thank you for the responses so far though!

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
How about returning to the valve cover thru the PCV intake? You could tee into this filtered air line and it should be a low pressure area.

(off subject question... how far south of Erie? A bunch of my early ancestors are buried in the Mill Village town cemetery.)

Attachments

• GM_Parts_Engines_4point2L_LL8.jpg
    GM_Parts_Engines_4point2L_LL8.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 10

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
haha I too thought of that but its above the gravity fed turbo return line. I would need an oil pump and its another thing to go wrong :sadcry: as pointed out by members awhile back.
and I am in Edinboro so I know exactly what you are talking about.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online