Help! :( [Mirror turn signal install went badly]

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
I did it this time lol, while installing new turn signals on my mirror I accidently reversed the wires and now it won't work. The whole blinker clicks once and no green arrow nothing now

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Have you checked any of your fuses yet? Details of what fuse is what, is on the inside of the fuse box cover.

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Have you checked any of your fuses yet? Details of what fuse is what, is on the inside of the fuse box cover.

In the process now, will update in a few min

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
1) Disconnect what you just put in

2) Were they incandescent or LEDs? If LEDs, you needed to check polarity before putting them in. Backwards incandescents are OK. Backwards LEDs can be bad if they're cheap. It costs the makers all of an extra dime to protect them against backwards insertion. A whole 40c to make them reversible so nobody would ever have a problem. But would they think to do this? Nooooooooo. :no:

3) The typical blown fuses would be underhood #22 if nothing works. Rear fuse block LT TURN or RT TURN if just one side died and the other one works. Or the flasher module on the firewall in the driver's footwell could have been damaged (rare).

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
the roadie said:
1) Disconnect what you just put in

2) Were they incandescent or LEDs? If LEDs, you needed to check polarity before putting them in. Backwards incandescents are OK. Backwards LEDs can be bad if they're cheap. It costs the makers all of an extra dime to protect them against backwards insertion. A whole 40c to make them reversible so nobody would ever have a problem. But would they think to do this? Nooooooooo. :no:

3) The typical blown fuses would be underhood #22 if nothing works. Rear fuse block LT TURN or RT TURN if just one side died and the other one works. Or the flasher module on the firewall in the driver's footwell could have been damaged (rare).

Thank you so very much. It was RT Turn :sadcry: the sad thing is, I did check the polarities, and I thought I could remember :thumbdown:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
wesman43 said:
Thank you so very much. It was RT Turn :sadcry: the sad thing is, I did check the polarities, and I thought I could remember :thumbdown:

That's the first thing I learned, ages ago, while working with anything electrical...I remember the first sub+amp combo I put in my first car :duh: :duh: :duh:
ahhhh to be 16 again, know NOTHING and ANYTHING, and think you're Steave Meade :rotfl:

if it's nothing more than a piece of electrical tape on the (-) wire, and ziptie the 2 together...it's better than nothing :yes: you'd be surprised how much simple things like that help and make the job SO much easier in the long run:thumbsup:

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
NinjuhhNutz said:
That's the first thing I learned, ages ago, while working with anything electrical...I remember the first sub+amp combo I put in my first car :duh: :duh: :duh:
ahhhh to be 16 again, know NOTHING and ANYTHING, and think you're Steave Meade :rotfl:

if it's nothing more than a piece of electrical tape on the (-) wire, and ziptie the 2 together...it's better than nothing :yes: you'd be surprised how much simple things like that help and make the job SO much easier in the long run:thumbsup:

Haha, I am so ADD I forget basic steps then wonder why things blow up :tongue: its just gotta get engraved in my thick skull

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
I ususally cut one shorter than the other, or tie a knot.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
the roadie said:
That's one way to prevent being a father. :raspberry:

Dude, i wish i had kid(s)

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Well this was the first electrical project that required tapping soldering and LEDs so I've considered that cherry popped, see what I did there :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.