HELP!!! Codes Ive never seen......

Booner

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Ok, here I am again. Thanks for all the help last time, I was able to rectify the situation with the Envoy. :thumbsup: Unfortunately, now there is another issue rearing it's head. On the way home yesterday, I get a call telling me she has no power, the stability light, the reduced power light, and the check engine light is on. She was able to restart it, and make it home. I scanned it today, and got.....P0303, P060E, and P02135. The 303, I got. The other two....wth? I did a search for these, and related problems, and most of what Im finding deals with the 4.2, not the 5.3. Would the same solutions work for the 5.3 also? So, once again Im asking for the forums help in figuring this out. Oh, 05 GMC Envoy Denali, 104,000 miles. Thanks again for your help.....

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Booner said:
Ok, here I am again. Thanks for all the help last time, I was able to rectify the situation with the Envoy. :thumbsup: Unfortunately, now there is another issue rearing it's head. On the way home yesterday, I get a call telling me she has no power, the stability light, the reduced power light, and the check engine light is on. She was able to restart it, and make it home. I scanned it today, and got.....P0303, P060E, and P02135. The 303, I got. The other two....wth? I did a search for these, and related problems, and most of what Im finding deals with the 4.2, not the 5.3. Would the same solutions work for the 5.3 also? So, once again Im asking for the forums help in figuring this out. Oh, 05 GMC Envoy Denali, 104,000 miles. Thanks again for your help.....

From what I can find, the throttle body has two TP sensors and, the P2135 (not P02135), means TP sensor 1 disagrees with TP sensor 2 by more than 7.5% for more than 1 second. This is for the 5.3.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
It's possible that the P060E was thrown because of the P2135. It's mainly a performance flag, if I'm interpreting the description
correctly.

You might want to check the wiring harness to your throttle body...see if anything has gotten chafed or loose.

While the 5.3 isn't prone to the same throttle body grime that the 4.2 is, it couldn't hurt to pull it and check it.

It is always possible that the throttle sensors have failed, but go over the wiring and throttle body itself first and see if something
shows itself.

Good Luck!

Chris

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
christo829 said:
It's possible that the P060E was thrown because of the P2135. It's mainly a performance flag, if I'm interpreting the description
correctly.

You might want to check the wiring harness to your throttle body...see if anything has gotten chafed or loose.

While the 5.3 isn't prone to the same throttle body grime that the 4.2 is, it couldn't hurt to pull it and check it.

It is always possible that the throttle sensors have failed, but go over the wiring and throttle body itself first and see if something
shows itself.

Good Luck!

Chris

:iagree: Squirrels and mice have been known to enjoy a wire snack.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.