Hello '08 TB from FL

granby119

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Hey all. New to the community. Just got my '08 TB this past January. Check out my gallery and let me know what you think about what I've done so far. Thanks. :biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Welcome along man!! Put some pictures up on the thread of your ride :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:tiphat: Welcome aboard, from the bay area! :thumbsup:

granby119

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Here are some pics of my Tb. New to this forum so bear with me if there are problems with uploading them as this is my 1st attempt.

The 1st one is at the dealership.
The next 2 are after painting the front and rear bow ties black and getting it tinted(15%)
The 4th pic is after fogging/blacking out my tail lights, 3rd brake light, and reflectors. Also I have installed an LED brake light bar. I have hidden the trailer hitch plug since taking this pic.
The 5th pic is after putting on the bug shield
And, just a side profile of it now

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 012b.jpg
    012b.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Very nice man!!:thumbsup: Is there a specific look you going for with the truck or just doing some simple things to it?

granby119

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Very nice man!!:thumbsup: Is there a specific look you going for with the truck or just doing some simple things to it?

I guess just simple things, nothing too specific, just keeping it clean. If I see something I like, I'll try and do it. Started off with the original bow tie paint peeling off and looking like crap; so I decided to paint them black. And I've just been going with this sort of blacked out theme so far. Always open to new ideas and suggestions though.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
granby119 said:
I guess just simple things, nothing too specific, just keeping it clean. If I see something I like, I'll try and do it. Started off with the original bow tie paint peeling off and looking like crap; so I decided to paint them black. And I've just been going with this sort of blacked out theme so far. Always open to new ideas and suggestions though.

Ok nice! Yeah I mean if you want a simple mod that will give the truck a nice look, color match the cross bar so its not chrome! Will help with blacking it out more :yes: or you can plasti dip the bar, if you don't like it the stuff peals right off (peals like tape almost once dry with enough coats) so your not stuck with the paint :thumbsup:

Also if you don't like the strip down the side you can remove that also.

granby119

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Ok nice! Yeah I mean if you want a simple mod that will give the truck a nice look, color match the cross bar so its not chrome! Will help with blacking it out more :yes: or you can plasti dip the bar, if you don't like it the stuff peals right off (peals like tape almost once dry with enough coats) so your not stuck with the paint :thumbsup:

Also if you don't like the strip down the side you can remove that also.

Yeah, I was thinking about painting the cross bar, but I kind of like being able to easily see the bow tie and don' really want to "loose" it by painting the cross bar black too. Any solutions/ideas for this?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
granby119 said:
Yeah, I was thinking about painting the cross bar, but I kind of like being able to easily see the bow tie and don' really want to "loose" it by painting the cross bar black too. Any solutions/ideas for this?

I mean the plasti dip is an option. Like I said if you don't like it, it does come off really easy! It's not like regular paint to where your almost stuck with it.

Here check the stuff out
http://gmtnation.com/f33/plasti-dip-nice-weather-mod-bug-=-awsome-2395/
http://gmtnation.com/f39/plasti-dip-removal-2419/

Also since you do not want to loose the bow tie which I wouldn't either, you can out line the bowtie with the chrome around it. So that way it has the out line of it even tho everything is blacked out and people can tell its there you know? Hope that makes sense

granby119

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
I mean the plasti dip is an option. Like I said if you don't like it, it does come off really easy! It's not like regular paint to where your almost stuck with it.

Here check the stuff out
http://gmtnation.com/f33/plasti-dip-nice-weather-mod-bug-=-awsome-2395/
http://gmtnation.com/f39/plasti-dip-removal-2419/

Also since you do not want to loose the bow tie which I wouldn't either, you can out line the bowtie with the chrome around it. So that way it has the out line of it even tho everything is blacked out and people can tell its there you know? Hope that makes sense

That sounds pretty good, I'll have to look into that more now.

While I have you here, I have a question. I found these rims while browsing craigslist. I have about zero knowledge when it comes to these. I was wondering if you were familiar with this brand and if they are a decent brand and good quality. I saw the "MC" logo but couldn't find anything through a simple google search. They seemed like a pretty good deal and looked good too. Thanks.

Attachments

• Rims.jpg
    Rims.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 27

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
granby119 said:
That sounds pretty good, I'll have to look into that more now.

While I have you here, I have a question. I found these rims while browsing craigslist. I have about zero knowledge when it comes to these. I was wondering if you were familiar with this brand and if they are a decent brand and good quality. I saw the "MC" logo but couldn't find anything through a simple google search. They seemed like a pretty good deal and looked good too. Thanks.

I have heard of MC once before and not a brand I see a whole ton myself, the rims do look nice! Quality wise to me as long as there not chrome you shouldn't run into any problems come winter time etc. Now I would check the bolt pattern for those to make sure they work with our trucks and also check to see if the tires aren't too big being there 22" rims. They don't seem to be but doesn't hurt to check them out :thumbsup:

I am not an expert when it comes to rims and there are more people on here that are way better with rims then I am. I am sure they will chime in soon on it :yes:

edit: Also if you do decide to rock out some nice rims, what you can do is paint the calipers a different color that stands out and make the bow tie the same color so that way if you black out the cross bar you will see the bow tie and have a nice contrast going on with the set up. What color is up to you from there :thumbsup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hiya, Welcome to the Nation!

I two have gone the blacked out look, this is Duke a few years ago.

DSC_1101.jpg

Of course it has changed a little bit since then.

DSC_2586.jpg

You really need to check the bolt pattern on the wheels. We have a very odd 6x5" pattern as opposed to the standard 6x5.5" pattern.

granby119

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Regulator said:
Hiya, Welcome to the Nation!

I two have gone the blacked out look, this is Duke a few years ago.

DSC_1101.jpg

Of course it has changed a little bit since then.

DSC_2586.jpg

You really need to check the bolt pattern on the wheels. We have a very odd 6x5" pattern as opposed to the standard 6x5.5" pattern.

Very nice ride. Those wheels I posted are from a TB SS and lists the bolt pattern too (6x5 127mm). So I'm pretty sure they will fit. I am really curious about the quality of the brand as I cannot seem to find them anywhere using google.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
welcome !!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome aboard :tiphat:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher