heater temp issue

soccorjimmy

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
I know this is my first post over here but i could not find anything. I just found out about this site form a previous TrailVoy member. I have not been on TrailVoy for several months.

The A/C blows nice and cool, and the heat blows really nice and warm. However the problem is that it will only blow super cold, or super hot. There is no in between.

The heat is set at 90F and blows fine there but if I try and drop it down to a reasonable temp it starts to blow cold, even if I drop it by only a degree. The fan is operating fine. But all of these issues exist regardless if I have the climate control set to AUTO or not.

I just noticed this issue recently, this also started after my battery died. I already have to switch out the mode acuator due to the fact that there is no air blowing out of the vents. Ihave searched through numerous posts and havent found the answer yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. JIMMY

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! The old site's now a ghost town after we all departed last year.

Pulling the HVAC-B fuse (rear fuse block #36) for 30 seconds should reset the system. Reinsert the fuse, then when you turn the ignition on, do NOT touch any controls for 90 seconds as it recalibrates.

If that doesn't fix the temp actuator, then I'd get a new one and change it out similarly to the airflow mode unit.

allactuators-orig.jpg

Just for a hoot, this is the image that Trailvoy members see when they look at the same image that I posted in about a hundred similar threads. :raspberry:

allactuators.jpg

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Wow, roadie! They haven't figured out how to block that, huh? Nicely done, my friend!

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
soccorjimmy said:
I know this is my first post over here but i could not find anything. I just found out about this site form a previous TrailVoy member. I have not been on TrailVoy for several months.

The A/C blows nice and cool, and the heat blows really nice and warm. However the problem is that it will only blow super cold, or super hot. There is no in between.

The heat is set at 90F and blows fine there but if I try and drop it down to a reasonable temp it starts to blow cold, even if I drop it by only a degree. The fan is operating fine. But all of these issues exist regardless if I have the climate control set to AUTO or not.

I just noticed this issue recently, this also started after my battery died. I already have to switch out the mode acuator due to the fact that there is no air blowing out of the vents. Ihave searched through numerous posts and havent found the answer yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. JIMMY

With the Auto Climate system (digital display) there is an outside temp sensor that plays an important part in temperature regulation.
What is your outside temperature displaying?

soccorjimmy

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
My battery died and I thnk this caused some issues. this weekend I will have to change the mode acuator because no air flow is coming through the dash vents. As i look at your pic Roadie are the temp actuators under the dash below the steering wheel? Thanks again for the help, you guys never cease to amaze me. JIMMY

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online