Heated seat coils in Envoy...

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
Without completely ripping my drivers seat apart again....Does anyone know if the coil is one whole piece for the ass part and back part, or are they completely separate?


I'm not going another cold ass winter without toasty ass cheeks :biggrin:
 

Matt

Member
Dec 2, 2011
4,009
Looks to be two separate coils with common wiring.
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
Thanks Matt!!!!
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
For the benefit of future searches:

Dorman 641-107 available at most aftermarket parts stores. Includes hog rings and pliers.

View attachment 22959
 

Attachments

  • 814264400_260.jpg
    814264400_260.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 121

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
the roadie said:
For the benefit of future searches:

Dorman 641-107 available at most aftermarket parts stores. Includes hog rings and pliers.

View attachment 9427

Thank you Bill!!!!
 

BRomanJr

Member
Dec 9, 2011
371
Voymom said:
Thank you Bill!!!!

Just to clarify, That part is just for the seat bottom, it has two sections because of a deep crease in the seat cover near the front. It allows the for the connection of the two sections to loop under the deep seam in the seat cover. In fact that is where they usually fail so try to leave some slack there when replacing. (been there, done that).
Good luck.
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
BRomanJr said:
Just to clarify, That part is just for the seat bottom,
Right on. I was incomplete in my post. :frown: :redface:

OK, for the FULL benefit of future searches, the grids are separate, and I don't think people tend to break the back one.

Bottom is GM 88949407 List $ 163.05 (Available for cheaper from the usual sources plus Ebay or Dorman distributors)
Back is GM 88949455 or 88949406 List $ 164.12 (No Dorman alternative found)

View attachment 22970
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 7

Taz6056

Member
Dec 21, 2011
49
AWESOME. I want my buns to be toasty this winter also! Just out of curiosity where on the dashboard is the heated seats switch located for us cold ass, people?




Marc.
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
Taz6056 said:
AWESOME. I want my buns to be toasty this winter also! Just out of curiosity where on the dashboard is the heated seats switch located for us cold ass, people?




Marc.

Mine is an 03 and not sure if they changed the location or not, but my buttons are located on the door. It's going to cost us a little over $300.00 to replace both, but I only need the one to heat my cheeks, so it should be a bit less. I hope lol

I wanted to edit, that for the wiring it is located under our seats....Wasn't sure if you were asking about the on/off button for the heated seats or where the wiring was located.
 

madklicker2

Member
Mar 2, 2012
9
This is excellent information. I think my lower coil went out late last winter, and I've been thinking about replacing it since.

However, before I do that, I'd like to confirm that the coil is indeed bad. I'm thinking about taking a meter and doing a resistance check on the coil. Does anyone know where the electrical connector for the lower coil is located? Would it be somewhere under the seat?
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
madklicker2 said:
This is excellent information. I think my lower coil went out late last winter, and I've been thinking about replacing it since.

However, before I do that, I'd like to confirm that the coil is indeed bad. I'm thinking about taking a meter and doing a resistance check on the coil. Does anyone know where the electrical connector for the lower coil is located? Would it be somewhere under the seat?

We just took the leather covering off of our seat, and seen that the coil was completely black and burned right through.
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
the roadie said:
Somebody has been farting into the seat. Hehe.

It was like that when we brought it home lol so it wasn't me! :raspberry:
 

Taz6056

Member
Dec 21, 2011
49
I was originally inquiring about the position of the on/off switch, bc I am a stickler for things like that when up-modding anything I own. But since you brought it up where under the seats does the wiring go?

Marc.
 

C-ya

Member
Aug 24, 2012
1,098
Taz6056 said:
AWESOME. I want my buns to be toasty this winter also! Just out of curiosity where on the dashboard is the heated seats switch located for us cold ass, people?




Marc.

My seat switches are in the front doors, near the power window controls.
 

C-ya

Member
Aug 24, 2012
1,098
Getting ready to investigate this myself. My back gets nice and warm, but not my tush. Tami, how did you guys go about getting the cover off? Did you take it completely off? Start from the back/one side and do a little or ??
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,234
Posts
637,113
Members
18,398
Latest member
DR.B

Members Online