heat gun trick on running board

signalnc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
I'm was trying to use the heat gun to get the color back on my running boards and it's making the non slip part warp. Is it too cool outside? I was thinking maybe I should wait until it's warmer. Has anyone had success with this style step? It's on a 2003 LT ext. ThanksView attachment 27170

Attachments

• DSC_0263.jpg
    DSC_0263.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 17

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
This stuff will work magic on rubber and plastic and its only $7 at walmart.

- Walmart

on second thought idk about on running boards because it leaves a slick surface. Still this shit is the bomb!!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
PlastiDip on the running boards? That would not last long..

For my running boards, and the plastic cladding on the rest of the Voy, and my wifes Aztek, I was a product called Back To Black

signalnc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
back to black makes the step really slick. I used the heat gun on the bumpers and it came out like new, but when I started the step the non stick slide, which is glued on, started to buckle.

groundshock

Dec 4, 2011
Dupl-Color Trim Black paint. I've had to have said this a thousand times. Once, done. End thread.

amweaver47

May 15, 2012
Just for the record, a propane torch works much faster. More Power! :yes:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I've used Back to Black on all of my 360's. It works well but doesn't last that long on the outside surfaces. Under the hood things stay a lot 'blacker' for longer. I probably do it two to three times per summer then ignore it all winter. I've used it on the running boards as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.