Headrest DVD recommendations?

Lima Tango

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
ALCON,

Our current set of cheapo strap-on headrest dvd screens/player are dead and given the thousands of miles we will be driving soon when we move from Northern California to Texas, going without backseat entertainment for our kids is not an option.

I have searched a lot on this site and the OS and haven't seen a whole heck of a lot of recommendations for specific brand/models of headrest dvd players, like the built-in with the headrest cushion types with internal dvd players. I saw several mention the ones on DVD Headrest Monitor, Car DVD Player, Dual Car Monitors, Car Video as really good given the reasonable prices (~$200-300) but I haven't dealt with them before so I am a little hesitant.

Any input on the best options for brand, model, and vendor would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LT

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
When my fiancee bought here Jetta she wanted some installed. She ordered some which I want to say are Nitro, or one of the other brands that have 10 companies selling the same units. Installed over 2 years ago and have never had a problem, while not "HD", they look good and for the $175 price tag for both well worth the money. I will take pics tomorrow for you.

Have you looked into a flip down option?

Lima Tango

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
When my fiancee bought here Jetta she wanted some installed. She ordered some which I want to say are Nitro, or one of the other brands that have 10 companies selling the same units. Installed over 2 years ago and have never had a problem, while not "HD", they look good and for the $175 price tag for both well worth the money. I will take pics tomorrow for you.

Have you looked into a flip down option?

That would be awesome, thanks. I didn't think I could do the flip down because we have a sunroof, but regardless I like the headrests better anyway.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
LT sorry it took so long to get back with pics, feel like a douche since its been 3 weeks. Im on nights so its usually too dark to snap a pick when I get off, but anyways here you go.

View attachment 25976

They are Tview 7" monitors. I just ran a splitter no video amp, power is attached under the seats which was really convenient. If you need anymore info let me know

Attachments

• 2013-01-21_15-45-16_470.jpg
    2013-01-21_15-45-16_470.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2013-01-21_15-45-25_176.jpg
    2013-01-21_15-45-25_176.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 7

Lima Tango

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Cool man, thanks for the pics. I actually ended up pulling the trigger on a set in the meantime, look pretty similar to yours.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online