Having one vehicle sucks!

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
So Mat and I have been stuck sharing a vehicle for a few years now, before it wasn't that bad because he worked nights, and I wouldn't need to go anywhere. But now that he is on day shift, and only 2 kids are in school....I'm stuck here without a vehicle and I need to find a way to get my daughter to a doctors appointment, as I believe she has an ear infection from teething. We wouldn't be having this issue had I not traded in the Toyota, or the Rendezvous in less than a year, but those cars sucked balls and I needed to find a vehicle that would fit the entire family. And now we will have to wait until the big black beast is paid for until we can get an approved loan for Mat to get a truck/car(hopefully another GMT). I don't owe much on Phantom, and I'm seriously considering just paying him off with income taxes, and then saving a bit for a down payment towards his truck.

I just can't be without a vehicle. I'm not upset with anyone, I'm just frustrated. Kora having an ear infection isn't an emergency yet as I can contain the fever and pain with meds, but she will need antibiotics as soon as possible. By the time Mat get's home from work, the doctors office will be closed, and I won't have a way to get her there today. My son has an appointment tomorrow, in which case I'm sure I can get her seen then, but I just hate seeing my little girl suffer. Anyways, this is my rant for the day lol. I'm just sad for my baby girl, miss seeing her big beautiful smile, and hearing her laugh.

IMG_20120609_161521.jpg

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
does he work to far away to drive him to work then you would have Phantom to go to the doctors ?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You need to trade favors with other home care-givers to get rides in emergencies like this. Offer to babysit, yard work, car repairs. Whatever talent you have that might be useful to others in your situation that may have a ride.

Otherwise Mat needs to get a bicycle or a moped. $300. Or a car pool buddy.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Been there. We sold one of our cars when we PCSed, and didn't replace her for almost 6 months. I have no idea how we did it with one car. We ended up leasing a little commuter car for me. Even if you can't afford a cheap payment/lease, you should find a cheap beater for a few hundred bucks. Doesn't do the family any good to have your family's one car sitting in the parking lot at his work.

oh05ext

Dec 7, 2011
id search craigslist for a $1k and under beater,i found a 2000 grand cherokee to beat around in for $500

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
if its an emergency, and i think your daughter needing to go to the doctor due to a fever, and ear infection is qualified as such, then your husband should be able to leave work and take you guys there... or like others have said, bike, moped, carpool, or you take him to work and pick him up leaving the vehicle with you at all times... im sure Mat's job will understand when his child is sick... we do it at my job all the time.. let people leave and go to their appt's or their childs appt's, and then report back to work...

hope things can work out for you before anything gets worse...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.