Haven't been on in a while...

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
It's not that I don't love the Nation anymore, I have just been crazy busy with wedding stuff. Hubby has been lurking the Nation for a few days now, as he is going to make me a DIY CAI. But I just wanted to take a relaxing moment and cruise through the forum. I miss everyone terribly and I miss being able to just scroll around carefree. But again, I have so much to do. I'm still visiting, just not as often :sadcry:

On a plus note. After 3 weeks I finally have my wedding Invites done!

IMG_20120609_215701.jpg

It feels so weird coming to a car/truck forum and venting about wedding stuff, but on the same note, it's really nice being able to do so.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:
I feel ya. I am getting married on Friday. I have been going crazy getting everything ready.

bridezilla-ball-and-chain.png

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Ya thats a crazy busy time:yes:, I like your invitations. We got married 22 years ago and planned a 120 person wedding in five weeks, invitations made, limos booked, girls dresses made, banquet hall and meal booked. Yep, did it all in five weeks....and no she wasn't pregnant!! Just wanted to get er done!!

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
smitty5150 said:
I feel ya. I am getting married on Friday. I have been going crazy getting everything ready.

Congrats!!! It's a super stressful time indeed. I'm looking forward to all the alcohol at the reception lol

Denali n DOO said:
Ya thats a crazy busy time:yes:, I like your invitations. We got married 22 years ago and planned a 120 person wedding in five weeks, invitations made, limos booked, girls dresses made, banquet hall and meal booked. Yep, did it all in five weeks....and no she wasn't pregnant!! Just wanted to get er done!!

5 weeks!!?? That is nuts! I could never plan a wedding on that short of a notice. I have been planning for about 5 months now, and not anywhere near being finished. :no: :crazy:

MAY03LT said:
Did you get the fuel gauge fixed?

Drew, Nope I'm still waiting for the floaty thing to get here. We bought one off of Kyle. He is such a lifesaver because everyone around here wanted about $80-$115.00 for one stupid part. But it will get done as soon as it gets in, and we run out of fuel :biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Voymom said:
5 weeks!!?? That is nuts! I could never plan a wedding on that short of a notice. I have been planning for about 5 months now, and not anywhere near being finished. :no: :crazy:
My daughter did hers in two weeks. Skipped a lot of the more traditional steps, and it was a home wedding with a BBQ rib party in her backyard later. For about twelve people. Didn't make it any less of a wedding.

If you run out of time - tear pages from the script and throw them out. Do what YOU want done. Don't do what some movie wedding shows can be done.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I've gotten just about everything done. We went from lets do this to having a date set 4 weeks from that day. Doing the ceremony at the court house with family only, and we have set up a catered back yard reception for 50 people. Her mom pulled out at least a dozen hook ups and we pulled it out for @$2000.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
the roadie said:
My daughter did hers in two weeks. Skipped a lot of the more traditional steps, and it was a home wedding with a BBQ rib party in her backyard later. For about twelve people. Didn't make it any less of a wedding.

If you run out of time - tear pages from the script and throw them out. Do what YOU want done. Don't do what some movie wedding shows can be done.

Thats what we are planning. Its gonna be in 2014. But she wants a small wedding with just immediate family and extremely close friends. Rather use the money for a house instead of paying tons of money for honeymoon or wedding. I told her it doesn't matter to me, long as she is the one walking up the aisle to me.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
We have a ceremony venue, really cute victorian chapel. The reception will be at the same place to help save some money. Having Hy-Vee(grocery store) cater all the food(buffet style). I'm doing/making everything I can, like centerpieces, decorations, written vows, personalized ceremony script. If it can be made by DIY, then I'm going to do it on my own.

I have the DIY mentality with more than just the truck lol My budget for it is low, I don't want to go broke or bankrupt for that matter. Our honeymoon will be next year, as we're in the process of also buying our first house. I'm not worried about trying to out do every wedding out there, it's going to be special because it's going to be our's no matter how it turns out.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Voymom said:
it's going to be special because it's going to be our's no matter how it turns out.
:thumbsup: that's the way to look at it

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online