Has anyone repainted center console buttons?

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Since i just installed a new touch screen radio that looks nice, the climate control buttons with paint worn away look pretty bad in comparison. Has anyone repainted these buttons? I used a sharpie on one of my door buttons but light still comes through that, i was thinking of using black nail polish, or another black paint?
Anyone have experience with this, i know its a common problem, and i dont want to buy replacement buttons. Pictures would be great!

amweaver47

May 15, 2012
My radio has a few buttons worn off as well. Most 5-6 year old GM interiors seem have this problem. I considered having a friend of mine that does vinyl make some stickers to go over all of the buttons as a cheap, quick fix. We weren't sure that we could make the lettering visible at night. I never pursued it further because the radio will be traded for an Alpine in the semi-near future anyway. If you know someone that has access to a vinyl plotter, it may be something to try.

amweaver47

May 15, 2012
am-radio said:
Some people buy new knobs off of eBay.

True, but...

i dont want to buy replacement buttons

It's sort of a tough problem. I don't see many ways to really fix it without spending the money to buy buttons. It would probably cost a small fortune to get your hands on the digital, dual zone climate control that I'm sure your Envoy has.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online