Hardwire LED lightbar...

RZAwora

Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Does anyone know if these are the right color wires in this diagram below for our trucks? I found this over on the OS posted by Roadie. I'm going to be hard-wiring an LED light bar I got from Dan (03TB93). It's in the mail know, so I'm just trying to make sure I'm ready to put it on as soon as it gets here. I want to wire it in before the trailer socket so I'll still be able to use it for trailers. :wootwoot:

View attachment 22435
This picture was posted in a thread to help someone identify what pin does what. I want to know if the colors of the wires posted are correct. If so those are the colors I'll be tapping into before the trailer socket with the LED light bar. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• bargman_wire_harness.jpg
    bargman_wire_harness.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 17

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Those are the standard trailer harness colors. NO GUARANTEE that the idiot GM designers respect that. Just trace it by position in the connector (that's also molded into the plastic), and confirm it by function with your meter before you tap in.

I would need to check the shop manual to see what the GM side wire colors are. Patience.

RZAwora

Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
the roadie said:
Those are the standard trailer harness colors. NO GUARANTEE that the idiot GM designers respect that. Just trace it by position in the connector (that's also molded into the plastic), and confirm it by function with your meter before you tap in.

I would need to check the shop manual to see what the GM side wire colors are. Patience.

Thanks Roadie...no need to look it up. I can either look it up or test them during hook up. Prob have Drew help me if he's available. :wink:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
when i had my LED bar hooked up, i just used my owners manual... the manual tells you what color wire does what on the trailer harness... had it on for like a year to a year and half, then some LED's were burning out, so i just junked it and haven't put one in since..

RZAwora

Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Doh...honestly never thought to look there. Doesn't seem like something they would put in there. I'll check it out in the AM. Thanks man.
Hope the LEDs don't burn out that quick. If they do I'll prob just ditch it too. I won't be too mad, only paid $30 for it. We'll see...should be here tomorrow or Monday. Thanks again for your help Roadie and Boricua!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
rzawora said:
Doh...honestly never thought to look there. Doesn't seem like something they would put in there. I'll check it out in the AM. Thanks man.
Hope the LEDs don't burn out that quick. If they do I'll prob just ditch it too. I won't be too mad, only paid $30 for it. We'll see...should be here tomorrow or Monday. Thanks again for your help Roadie and Boricua!

you're mot alone my friend... someone told me on the OS to look in my manual.. and sure enough, there it was... i thinks it labeled like "trailer harness" in the index.. i cant remember as that was like 2 years ago for me...

and i paid $40 from mine from advance auto parts.. it was an Optix 49" LED bar... for $40 and lasting a year-year and a half, i aint complaining lol... good luck.. and remember.. POST PIX!!! :rotfl:

RZAwora

Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
the roadie said:
For posterity, and for future searchers whose Owner's Manual has been stolen and they can't find the PDF replacements: :wink:

View attachment 8821

Thanks Roadie! I actually did find it in my owner's manual as Boricua had suggested. I appreciate your efforts for us lazy people. :duh:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
rzawora said:
I appreciate your efforts for us lazy people. :duh:
It's actually very quick to search a PDF. Surely you don't think I'm risking paper cuts by flipping through the dead tree editions of things. :rotfl: I also am naturally lazy, I just have (or build) good tools. :wootwoot:

RZAwora

Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
the roadie said:
It's actually very quick to search a PDF. Surely you don't think I'm risking paper cuts by flipping through the dead tree editions of things. :rotfl: I also am naturally lazy, I just have (or build) good tools. :wootwoot:

:crackup: still thank you! If only I could become so organized. I was looking in the repair manual, not the owner's manual prior to being told it's in there. Question solved though, and yet another resource for all of our fellow GMT owners. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online