green wire form Pioneer dvd player

noxious1

Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
Ok I installed the new pioneer dvd head unit. I have one wire left to hook up. It is a green wire that hooks to something to do with the transmission. my dvd will not play video at all until it is hooked up and I can't find where it goes. I was also told that you can bypass it so you could play the dvd while driving. Can anyone tell me where this wire goes and how to do the bypass?

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Without seeing the wiring diagram for your unit, I can only suggest it is probably looking for a ground.

You can connect it to the switch on the parking brake handle, it should provide ground when p-bake is operated, giving you a picture when parked.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:iagree: It's meant to be tapped into the parking brake signal. You can rig the green wire to a switch, that connects it to ground, or depending on the model of HU, attach it to a relay so it connects to ground automatically. There are Pioneer HU forums out there that can give you more info and alternatives if you need them.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yup... thats how i have mine hooked up.. through a relay to make the dvd work whether im in drive or park... as Carlton suggested... Pioneer forums or heck, i think even ebay sells relays that are prefab'd for direct hook up.. could be mistaken though...

noxious1

Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
I will check out the pioneer forums. The head unit model is AVH-P1400DVD. I got it at Best Buy for $199 before Christmas looks like price went back up to $299.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
thisw is what i was talking about... maybe contact the seller and see if it works for you...

[EBAY]300737437927[/EBAY]

noxious1

Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
I looked at a couple on ebay. I actually have some relays laying around. Watching You Tube to see what I can find out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online