Got my a/c bearing done!

moneypit

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
well there's another task completed! I was surprised how easy/soft restaking the bearing was. I'm not 100% confident the snap ring is seated fully..pita so I buttoned her up, so far so good. It seems it can't
"go anywhere" and would just float behind clutch faceplate? anyways, all is good and what a cheap repair...sure beats a compressor!:thumbsup:
Oh I forgot to mention..old user-kristis dad

Attachments

• IMG_0098a-c clutch bearing .jpg
    IMG_0098a-c clutch bearing .jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 9

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Awesome! Glad to hear its all buttoned back up and you have the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself and saved some bucks! :biggrin:

uzd12

Dec 5, 2011
What prompted you to change the bearing on the a / c compressor? I have been having issues with mine and I thought I just needed to replace the whole compressor.....thanks

moneypit

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
uzd12 said:
What prompted you to change the bearing on the a / c compressor? I have been having issues with mine and I thought I just needed to replace the whole compressor.....thanks
I first noticed some noise when off, then quite when turned on, that was 2 mos.ago iirc. When the truck came home for Thanksgiving break/actually when she was leaving to go back...I could hear some serious growling and crunching from compressor and knew there was no driving off to college with this one. Then I checked compressors prices and almost sh*t! I then searched among other TB members and found the fix! The bearing for the a/c pulley/clutch assy was shot bigtime which was a fairly easy repair and only costs $40.00!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Everything looks right in the pic. I had to do it earlier this year.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.