Going to lift Envoy

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
Sorry I would typically read all the post to figure this out but I'm getting married Saturday and there is a lot going on. While I'm away on the honeymoon my PCM will be getting flashed. I need new tires as well. Well I guess time to lift it. Looking to get a couple of questions answered.

MarkMc 2.5" lift = yes or no
Biggest tire =
Driveability = Same, better or worse

Thanks in advance

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
I have the 2.5" lift. The lift is great. I went with a 32 " agressive tire that i dont like that much. They fill to big for the truck. If i did it again i would go with a 30" tire with a better tread for everyday driving.

Attachments

• lift02.jpg
    lift02.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 21

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
MarkMC 2.5- YES
MarkMC 1.5 wheel adaptors--YES
Silverado take-off wheels or custom if you got $-- YES
265 70-17 or 265-75-16 tires---YES

Do yourself a favor and do adaptors right away or you may very likely be buying spacers then adaptors since not many wheels choices for our stock pattern.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
I'd go Marks 3" Lift

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
HARDTRAILZ said:
MarkMC 2.5- YES
MarkMC 1.5 wheel adaptors--YES
Silverado take-off wheels or custom if you got $-- YES
265 70-17 or 265-75-16 tires---YES

Do yourself a favor and do adaptors right away or you may very likely be buying spacers then adaptors since not many wheels choices for our stock pattern.

I want to run the stock rims right now with just a larger tire.

Also I have read alot about the Z71 springs, bother or no with those guys if doing the spacers from Mark?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
z71s will lift about 1.5 inches. Personally I hated the way they rode and ditched them. You can do either marks spacer or the z71 but together you will have a heck of a rake.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
anthonyl79 said:
I want to run the stock rims right now with just a larger tire.

Also I have read alot about the Z71 springs, bother or no with those guys if doing the spacers from Mark?
You haven't said word one about your mission. Nobody can give competent advice unless they know HOW you intend to use the truck and why you're lifting it in the first place.

For instance, you may get a lot more benefit from shocks while you're working on the rear, compared to springs. How many miles are you on the existing shocks?

What's your budget?

A lift/tire project is NOTHING to rush into without doing ALL the reading, unless you normally delegate major projects to folks who don't know all the factors that should be going into such an important set of decisions.

Please slow down, do the reading, take your time, ask better questions, share your goals and previous experience with lifted vehicles, and you'll have a much more satisfying relationship with your truck.

I've said it before, but maybe not while you were around: Asking for lift/suspension/tire advice on an internet forum is like giving us a one sentence question: "Who would make the best wife (or GF) for me?" How could we POSSIBLY answer that with any hope of making YOU happy? :undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
I've said it before, but maybe not while you were around: Asking for lift/suspension/tire advice on an internet forum is like giving us a one sentence question: "Who would make the best wife (or GF) for me?" How could we POSSIBLY answer that with any hope of making YOU happy? :undecided:

average height dishwater blonde w a nice rack and bit of attitude.

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
the roadie said:
You haven't said word one about your mission. Nobody can give competent advice unless they know HOW you intend to use the truck and why you're lifting it in the first place.

For instance, you may get a lot more benefit from shocks while you're working on the rear, compared to springs. How many miles are you on the existing shocks?

What's your budget?

A lift/tire project is NOTHING to rush into without doing ALL the reading, unless you normally delegate major projects to folks who don't know all the factors that should be going into such an important set of decisions.

Please slow down, do the reading, take your time, ask better questions, share your goals and previous experience with lifted vehicles, and you'll have a much more satisfying relationship with your truck.

Well I want to be able to run larger tires, and be able to do a little bit of off-roading.

The shocks and struts where replaced about 1.5 years ago. Went with Monroe Sensa-Trac's.

Budget : debatable

The only thing that I have that has been lifted was a 73 Chevy 1/2 ton. Had a 3" suspension. It was great for driving around in the mountains but I don't need anything like that these days. I want something that I can drive down the interstate on a daily basis and be able to go with the friends in the mountains on the weekends. My vehical see 500+ miles a week on the interstate :frown: Right now it doesn't have the ground clearence to miss the speed bumps on the local Wal-Mart parking lot. I live in wonderful Colorado at the base of the mountains and a shame that I dont enjoy them more.

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
HARDTRAILZ said:
z71s will lift about 1.5 inches. Personally I hated the way they rode and ditched them. You can do either marks spacer or the z71 but together you will have a heck of a rake.

That is what I though would happen with the Z-71's but that helped elimate that though. Thanks HARDTRAILZ

newfie6719

Sep 27, 2012
2005 trailblazer stock just want to run stock tires and shock just don't like the way the nose is down what's a good leveling kit to buy thanks

i seen the rough country kits out there are they any good

Attachments

• 100_0271.jpg
    100_0271.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
newfie6719 said:
2005 trailblazer stock just want to run stock tires and shock just don't like the way the nose is down what's a good leveling kit to buy thanks

Hit up markmc.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Make sure you measure first to see exactly how many inches of lift you need in the front to achieve level. Mark's kits may be too much unless you lift the rear a small amount also, and SuspensionMAXX makes spacers of three different thicknesses to fine tune it to your specific vehicle.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
RC has a solid lift and it should level you right out.
Mark's lift would work great in the front but might give you too much in the rear if you want to level without much lift.
PM him, he is great to work with and will be glad to answer any questions you have.

newfie6719

Sep 27, 2012
thanks for the advice and that's what i was thinking about the mark kit would still have the rake look have to take some measurements and see thanks

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
newfie6719 said:

Ummmm... :hijack:

Prolly a good idea to start your own thread to ensure the OP's message doesn't get lost and that you get the answers you're looking for... :coffee:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
newfie6719 said:
thanks for the advice and that's what i was thinking about the mark kit would still have the rake look have to take some measurements and see thanks

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but OK.

Mark's 2.5 inch kit is able to do many things. It is designed that if you use all pieces, it will leave your truck level.

It can also be used in portions. You can add just the outside front spacer if you only need a little lift to level. You can use only the inside strut spacer if you need a bit more to level. If you you have a bunch of rake, you can use both spacers. If you want to lift the whole truck add the rear spacers and figure out if one or both are needed to level the front. Of the couple dozen lifts I have done to these trucks....Marks kits have given the owners positive results everytime. There are other options, but Mark is a great guy and has gone above and beyond for our platform for years. He has given away more product than some companies have sold. He is always willing to help or work with people. If you only think you need part of his kit...ask. He will typically sell what the customer wants.

Marks kit is a hell of a deal and great value. It offers you options to tune the kit to your needs or if you want to go all out..he has a 3 inch kit as well that while not convertable, it does repplace the weak stock upper mounts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online