GM Delco CD6 Bose radio

Paul Bell

Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
I've searched but can't find out....

Is there any way to add an aux input cable to these radios? There WAS an adapter kit but I don't know if it worked and it seems to be long discontinued.
_12_zpse364828d.jpg

Paul Bell

Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
Yeah, I was afraid of that.

I'm in Pro Audio and we avoid Bose like the plaque but this stereo sounds just great. I wanna retain it as is. It's Delco Electronics with just a marketing deal to use the Bose name to make people think it's good stuff.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Paul Bell said:
Yeah, I was afraid of that.

I'm in Pro Audio and we avoid Bose like the plaque but this stereo sounds just great. I wanna retain it as is. It's Delco Electronics with just a marketing deal to use the Bose name to make people think it's good stuff.
To be fair, Bose did supply the amplifier the head unit feeds, and the speakers that amplifier drives. It's interesting to me that in earlier models it just got the little Bose logo while in later models there's no logo on the screen, but it'll say BOSE when starting up. My first guess is hoodlums were on the lookout for those particular heads with the apparent assumption that the head itself was Bose.

Paul Bell

Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
Pressing the CD/AUX button only starts the CD playback. There is no AUX input.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Paul Bell said:
Pressing the CD/AUX button only starts the CD playback. There is no AUX input.
Um...not necessarily. It depends on year and options. 02 and 03 had no AUX at all, 04+, depending on what HU it had, it does.

Paul Bell

Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
I have the head unit pictured above, in my 2003 truck.

Gerbil21

May 28, 2014
Does it have xm? you can remove the harness between the hu and the xm receiver and wire in a aux input it worked good for me.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:
Um...not necessarily. It depends on year and options. 02 and 03 had no AUX at all, 04+, depending on what HU it had, it does.

Paul Bell said:
I have the head unit pictured above, in my 2003 truck.
So do I. Sorry, should have added that you have to have the band button, not AM/FM.

Paul Bell

Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
Yeah....NO, I don't have the XM feature.

I pulled this radio today to replace the face/buttons, bought as a new set off ebay.

I'm not happy-now a few buttons don't light up. I was REALLY careful & meticulous. :mad:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Matt said:
05, 6CD Bose XM OnStar, no Aux for me. Aux is present on the button though. My assumption is for cost purposes and keeping inventory under control, no matter whether there was an Aux or not they just used that same button, rather than running two different pieces. It's a shame, because it makes for a lot of questions on why it says Aux.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Illogic,

I forgot something...and added it later. To have AUX you have to have BAND not AM/FM. No idea why they have cd/aux on the other button but you idea on cost saving sounds like that's it.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Matt said:
Illogic,

I forgot something...and added it later. To have AUX you have to have BAND not AM/FM. No idea why they have cd/aux on the other button but you idea on cost saving sounds like that's it.
I have BAND on mine, I know that factory it came with no true aux but you can use the BAND to run an Aux via the XM I believe.

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Correct...that's basically their AUX.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
My CD/AUX button toggles between CD and RSE, only when my phone is plugged into the RSE input jacks. Is my head unit different having RSE or can OP tap into unused RSE inputs at back of his head unit?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
My CD/AUX button toggles between CD and RSE, only when my phone is plugged into the RSE input jacks. Is my head unit different having RSE or can OP tap into unused RSE inputs at back of his head unit?
Yes, yours is different. The OP has an 03 and like my 02, is basically farked unless they do the FM modulator or completely change out the HU.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
05, no RSE. 06 had some redesigns in the head unit - like displaying BOSE on-screen instead of a permanent little decal. People without RSE, I suppose, are out of luck either way.

Paul Bell

Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
OK, here's an idea: For those of us with the earlier Bose radio with the CD/AUX button, will a later version of this head unit WITH the band button plug in and work in place of the earlier unit?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011

Paul Bell

Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
Looks interesting, thanks Matt! Now we're getting somewhere!

I'm finding the number for this radio is 10359565 and 15917881. This radio is XM and Onstar compatible.

Is there an aftermarket harness available to allow a wired input (3.5mm plug)? I'm searching now....

Chevman-1

Jun 18, 2015
Running into the same issue I have a 2003 LTZ With the Bose 6 disk the UQA Speaker option and the UC6 Radio option... I want to put in a newer head Unit to get the ability for a AUX input without the FM Transmitter, Can this be done on an 03 with say a unit from a 05?

Thanks all!!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Chevman-1 said:
Running into the same issue I have a 2003 LTZ With the Bose 6 disk the UQA Speaker option and the UC6 Radio option... I want to put in a newer head Unit to get the ability for a AUX input without the FM Transmitter, Can this be done on an 03 with say a unit from a 05?

Thanks all!!
Yes, but it has to be from an 05 full sized truck LUX amp.

Reactions: Chevman-1

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Not off the top of my head. I haven't done it, I personally went with a hardwired FM transmitter, but I researched the hell out of it a few years ago.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online