Glow Door Handles

jpleasant

Original poster
May 4, 2012
I saw a BMW the other day that once the unlock button was hit the door handles glowed a white neon color. Yes as you can imagine that would be a nice touch to a vehicle that is not suppose to have them. My question is Where would I run the wire so that is would work with the unlock buttons or if I was not afraid of the police I would ride with them on always. I figured I could run them to the amber park lights, but mine stay on all the time. I tried wiring them to the unlock fuse under the backseat and that was a fail. Any ideas?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Wire them to your interior lighting. Interior light on, door handle glow on. On the GMT line, it would work perfectly since the interior light turns on with the key FOB.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Yeah, you will need to remove the door panel to access the area behind the handle... it also makes stringing the wire that much easier.

jpleasant

Original poster
May 4, 2012
That is what i will do. I think I will do a test run and go from there. I have always been a punk about taking off door panels, because it is so easy to break the little things that attach it back together. Seems like if you don't break it pulling it apart you miss putting it back in the hole putting it back together.

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
jpleasant said:
.....I have always been a punk about taking off door panels, because it is so easy to break the little things that attach it back together. ......

No guts, no glory. :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have this tool kit that is designed to help remove door panels and stuff. It grabs and releases those "pine cone" retainers pretty well. I think it came from Harbor freight (someone gave it to me).

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
I have this tool kit that is designed to help remove door panels and stuff. It grabs and releases those "pine cone" retainers pretty well. I think it came from Harbor freight (someone gave it to me).

I have one like this that I got from Crutchfield

[EBAY]230466111583[/EBAY]

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That looks identical. Probably all made in the same place.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
please post pic of this would love to do something like this

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online