Girlfriends Ford escape dealership

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
So my gfs 05 Ford escape on Friday was only running on 4 cylinders...its a v6. She was sure it was the tranny Haha so I ran my obd2 scanner Bluetooth and here's what showed up (view photo)
asebagaq.jpg

So I told her look its an 05 you have 110k miles let's change the plugs and coil covers...no she decides the Ford dealership is a better idea. So guess how much they want after there diagnostic tests ? $2800.00 bahaha. They called her today to inform her she needs a new "computer" isn't it a ecm or pcm ????? Sure it needs new coils new sparks new brakes but a new PCM ??? I didn't think they went to sh** after so many miles or years ? Hey.I'm no expert at these fancy pcm controlled vehicles (I have been around hot rods most of my life) but I think there screwing her over ???? Sad part is she LOVESSSS the dealership when it comes to repairs.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I need a loan....can u ask her if I can borrow some since she s gonna throw it away.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Clear the codes, bring it to Vegas. We will fix it in my driveway. Pay me the difference from the entire trip and you will get it fixed and a trip to Vegas for $2500.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
jrSS said:
I need a loan....can u ask her if I can borrow some since she s gonna throw it away.

Haha !

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
the roadie said:
If Mrs. Roadie had behaved that way before we were married, even if it was her money, I would not have married her. It's that simple. Gullibility and misplaced trust is a fatal genetic flaw.

Stubborn old man

Inert_Static

Jun 22, 2013
djthumper said:
Clear the codes, bring it to Vegas. We will fix it in my driveway. Pay me the difference from the entire trip and you will get it fixed and a trip to Vegas for $2500.

Love it.... literally made Me laugh out loud.

- - - Updated - - -

djthumper said:

Love it.... literally made Me laugh out loud.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Or tell her to trade it in for a GMT and she wouldnt have that problem :rotfl:
In all honesty, im pretty sure 90 if not 100% of us went through the "thinking the dealer knows everything" phase until we realized we've spent so much money and the problem isnt fixed yet :raspberry:
She'll learn eventually, but until then tell her to take it to a different shop and see what they say the problem is

But i've worked on a 06 escape and it was hell on earth, whoever thought putting an alternator on the side and making it impossible to change without removing the the drive axle was a complete dummy
Never will i own an escape, took at least 3-4 hours for whats normally a 15 min job
BUT it does burn rubber very easily when TC is disabled which was fun

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
... a 06 escape ... does burn rubber very easily when TC is disabled which was fun

Video or it didn't happen! :rotfl:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
Or tell her to trade it in for a GMT and she wouldnt have that problem :rotfl:
In all honesty, im pretty sure 90 if not 100% of us went through the "thinking the dealer knows everything" phase until we realized we've spent so much money and the problem isnt fixed yet :raspberry:
She'll learn eventually, but until then tell her to take it to a different shop and see what they say the problem is

But i've worked on a 06 escape and it was hell on earth, whoever thought putting an alternator on the side and making it impossible to change without removing the the drive axle was a complete dummy
Never will i own an escape, took at least 3-4 hours for whats normally a 15 min job
BUT it does burn rubber very easily when TC is disabled which was fun

:iagree:

Its like when a doctor tells you that you are dying, you should definitely get a second opinion. Especially when the stearlership is the only shop to look at it.

When I was younger and owned my Honda, I was charged $120 for a diagnostics and a new gas cap at the stealership versus $15 :hissyfit:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
dmanns67 said:
:iagree:

Its like when a doctor tells you that you are dying, you should definitely get a second opinion. Especially when the stearlership is the only shop to look at it.

When I was younger and owned my Honda, I was charged $120 for a diagnostics and a new gas cap at the stealership versus $15 :hissyfit:

What did they do? Look out and saw it was missing?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
djthumper said:

Right?! Owners manual? :rotfl:

Too bad he didn't know about the free code checks at the auto parts store? At least they only charged you a FULL HOUR of labor. Vtec yo

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Playsinsnow said:

Too bad he didn't know about the free code checks at the auto parts store? At least they only charged you a FULL HOUR of labor. Vtec yo

And here I thought they did it so they didn't have to run the register.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
djthumper said:

Playsinsnow said:

:rotfl: My check engine light came on while driving down the highway. It was my first car when I was 16 and did not know about autozone's free checks. Plus it was still under warranty, but a warranty does not cover a dumbass girlfriend who fills up your car when you let her borrow it and forgets to put the gas cap back on :hissyfit:

They were nice enough to charge me $100 for diagnostics and $20 for a gas cap :crazy:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
dmanns67 said:
:rotfl: My check engine light came on while driving down the highway. It was my first car when I was 16 and did not know about autozone's free checks. Plus it was still under warranty, but a warranty does not cover a dumbass girlfriend who fills up your car when you let her borrow it and forgets to put the gas cap back on :hissyfit:

They were nice enough to charge me $100 for diagnostics and $20 for a gas cap :crazy:

Sounds legit, the pricing. However you forgot to mention the dumbass 16yr old guy that borrowed his car to his girlfriend. :weird:

:rotfl:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
Sounds legit, the pricing. However you forgot to mention the dumbass 16yr old guy that borrowed his car to his girlfriend. :weird:

:rotfl:

:rotfl: Very true statement. Thats what I get for being a nice guy :hissyfit:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
Video or it didn't happen! :rotfl:

Its not me but i'm just posting it to prove a point lol

[video=youtube;kcNqnjANFRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNqnjANFRg[/video]

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Its not me but i'm just posting it to prove a point lol

[video=youtube;kcNqnjANFRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNqnjANFRg[/video]

:rotfl: thanks!

Do neutral drops count? Thought I heard it but my ears are bad...

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
the roadie said:
I was 21 when we got married. Life made me grumpy. :wink: [Thread hijack coming up, as usual...]

gremlin2.jpg

That amc Pacer is nice! Oh Garth, Party time. Badass car !!!

Whos the hot disco bunny ?

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
Were you with her when she brought it in ... my stealership experience is that my wife will get a long list, with high $$$$, and then when I call back and start asking questions the list shortens up and costs a lot less.

:hissyfit: I hate people that try to rip other off just because they can.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher