Getting rid of the TB

RaylanR

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
I'm sitting right now at the dealership trading the trailblazer for a suburban
Ana I happen to notice that tr previous owner of the suburban went Shea and replace the clutch fan for a dual electric pair... Of corse the suburban is an 05 and has the 5.3 vortec... Hopefully the deal goes thru and I get rid of the trailblazer because that dang low pressure - shut engine off is drivin me crazy and I have done everything to get it fix

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Sad you had trouble like that.
Good thing is, we have a full-size section here too, so you're good to go in that regard :biggrin:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
And you should be able to get a good deal on the Suburban with gas prices being what they are.

RaylanR

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Well the deal went thru and know I own a 2005 suburban with a 5.3 liter engine... Better go update my info... It has 121k miles on it...

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Congratulations!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Congratulations!

thread_is_worthless.jpg

RaylanR

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Here are a couple pics.

Also I notice that they already had the Trailblazer up for sale, they price it twice as much that what I got as a trade...

Attachments

• Picture 8602.jpg
    Picture 8602.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 8599.jpg
    Picture 8599.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 8600.jpg
    Picture 8600.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 8601.jpg
    Picture 8601.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 4

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
good luck !!!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I don't care for the old body style but I do like how cheap they are. The 07 model change over kicks the price up a bunch. How's the 5.3 pull in that big boy? It's funny I didn't see where you were from on your profile but I could instantly tell the suburban is down South somewhere given how nice it looks. Our 05 anythings are rusting by now.

RaylanR

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
It definately has better pull that the Trailblazer, and I think the PO did remove the clutch fan with that purpose to gain the power back to the engine, the truck actually was originally sold in Alabama but only for a few months stay there, is been in Texas since late 2005.

I dont know who if the first or second owner did the switch to aftermarket radio and went ahead and throw in the cable for the iphone, once I get my Ipad I know my kids are going to love that feature.

The interior is clean, but 1 spot on the third row seat carpet area, the dealer is going to dye again, plus a free oil change, and a full tank of gas, I talk to the salesman today and they may even throw in a brake replacement on all tires because they been whinning everytime I touch the brake softly and the tire monitor message shows up.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
RaylanR said:
It definately has better pull that the Trailblazer, and I think the PO did remove the clutch fan with that purpose to gain the power back to the engine, the truck actually was originally sold in Alabama but only for a few months stay there, is been in Texas since late 2005.

I dont know who if the first or second owner did the switch to aftermarket radio and went ahead and throw in the cable for the iphone, once I get my Ipad I know my kids are going to love that feature.

The interior is clean, but 1 spot on the third row seat carpet area, the dealer is going to dye again, plus a free oil change, and a full tank of gas, I talk to the salesman today and they may even throw in a brake replacement on all tires because they been whinning everytime I touch the brake softly and the tire monitor message shows up.

That's great. This is a great time to buy anything with a v8 with such high gas prices. Does that Suburban have the displacement on demand feature shutting 4 of the cylinders off?

RaylanR

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
I don't really know about that, I know is Z vin which I belive has the Flex Fuel... I still have the dealer's sale sticker I ask the sales man to leave for me.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
No, the older body style burban uses the Gen III versions of the Vortec 5.3L so it doesn't have DOD.

RaylanR

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
One thing I noticed Is That the. MPG Is alomar the same from the Model I got to the new models, and if there is a difference is only a mile...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online