Gas smell

Russ

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
It just doesn't end!!!!!! After replacing the rack on my Envoy, getting new tires and an alignment, I'm now smelling gas from the rear of the truck! I researched it on here and found a few reasons.

I called my nearest GMC dealer to check on the Extended Service Assistance Program Special Coverage #07099 (10yrs/150K miles) for the fuel tank and was told that it expired in July of 2012. My friggin luck!

Asked for the name/phone number for the Regional Manager and the guy at the dealer refused to give it to me. I told him, "No problem, I'll look it up." Don't know if it's the correct person but sent an email to: Mr. Kevin Brewer

"Mr. Brewer,

This past weekend, I started smelling gas coming from the rear of my Envoy. After searching online for an apparent cause, I came across discussions of either a corroded gas tank or leaking fuel pump. I just now called Brustolon Buick GMC (860-415-4739 and spoke to a person named George) to inquire about the problem. I explained that I had researched the problem and had found that there was a Special Coverage # 07099 that was good for 10yrs/150k miles.

Now I purchased this vehicle used in Dec 2011. Obviously, I never received notice of this potential problem and again researching online, this was not a recall but if there was a problem, take it into a dealer for further inspection. After speaking with George, I was told that the Special Coverage expired in July 2012. Unfortunately, this problem did not surface until this past weekend.

I would like to know if there is a fix for this problem. I honestly do not think I should be libel for repairing a known problem.

You can reach me at 860-xxx-xxxx, I leave for Hawaii Jan. 2, 2013 and do not expect to return until the beginning of Feb.

My daughter will be driving this car during this time and would like to come to a conclusion as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time

Russell Spaulding"

Just received an email back:

"Mr. Spaulding,

Thank you for your email concerning your Envoy. While this is not my area of expertise, I will forward the people in the GM service team. I also recommend that you call the GMC customer service at 800-462-8782 so they can set up a file for you.

Thank you.

Kevin Brewer"

Sent from Lotus Traveler

Let's see what GMC has to say.

Russ

Russ

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Received an voice message from:

Michele Leahy
District Manager; Aftersales
Buick-GMC ~ Hartford-Springfield

She spoke with the stealership and they agreed to inspect my Envoy free of charge. The Service manager called me yesterday and told me that he did not see any leaks from the gas filler and they have not dropped the tank to see if it was leaking from the gas pump area. He did tell me that to replace the tank and the fuel pump, would cost approx. $1500.

Although it was past the extended warranty, GM would pay approx. $900 and I would have to pay approx. $600.

Will have it changed out by the weekend, I hope.

Russ

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Thanks for the report, and that GM corporate did *something* to back up their reputation that the local dealer tried to sabotage.

Russ

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
At least I'll feel better knowing everything will be new and I shouldn't have to worry about it again.

Russ

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online