Fuse block installation help!

guiltyimnot

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
I am looking to install a Blue Sea Systems fuse block to hard wire some things and add some things. Right now all I have done is used an add-a-fuse in the rain sense spot to add a 12 volt outlet in the 3rd row for charging ipods and such. I plan on adding another to the other side and eventually a CB and flashlight charger. I just wanted to run my schematic by all you knowledgable folks to see if I am on the right track. The blue line running from the rear fuse box to the relay is to ignition switch the blue sea fuse block. I saw another installation that used the circuit breaker but it was going straight to the battery so I am not sure if I need it or not. I apologize if my ms paint skills leave any questions and appreciate any help I can get. Just want to make sure I do this right the first time. Thanks all. View attachment 22226

Attachments

• CONSOLE.jpg
    CONSOLE.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 5

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You got it in one! Congrats. The CB is a good idea, and relatively cheap, and protects against a rare failure mode of the relay where it shorts its power input to ground and then the wiring glows and the vehicle burns up and everybody dies because the 125A megafuse that feeds the rear fuse block is not going to blow under these conditions. :eek:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher