Fuel pump electrical hook up harness 04 tb Ls

Jjoh2

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
Fuel pump wires/harness not giving pos or neg ground..i replaced a fuel relay got the same reading but the two other wire harnesses tesed for ground im ti trying to figure out wht should I try now

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Moved your question to a more suitable forum than "Article Submission".

Need more details. What two other harnesses tested for ground? How did you test for ground? The vehicle's system is negative ground. Are you testing the relay with the ignition on when you think the relay should be activated? Have you eliminated the fuse yet as the problem? Did you download the schematics and manuals using the instructions in the thread http://gmtnation.com/f23/need-service-manuals-get-them-here-371/

Jjoh2

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
I tested the other harness that connects to the tank and the other that connected to the filter or wateva that is in the back for ground and yes my friend turned the key while I test for ground when I didnT read for pos or neg I changed fuel pump relay already b4 I tested for ground no luck what suggestions

the roadie said:
Need more details. What two other harnesses tested for ground? How did you test for ground? The vehicle's system is negative ground. Are you testing the relay with the ignition on when you think the relay should be activated? Have you eliminated the fuse yet as the problem? Did you download the schematics and manuals using the instructions in the thread http://gmtnation.com/f23/need-service-manuals-get-them-here-371/

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Jjoh2, you've got two threads (same topic) on the go.

Why don't you tell us what you are trying to do, or fix, and maybe we can offer some suggestions.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Jjoh2 said:
can u plz specify the problem??
We want to know why you are asking about testing wires.
What are you trying to fix?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
The black wire should be ground at all times.

The grey wire should be positive for 2 seconds after the key is turned to run.

What tool are you using to do your tests?

Jjoh2

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
the black cord didnt test for ground and the gray power cord didnt either now im trying to figure out do I have to replace my whole wiring or anuther fuse outside my relay bcuz my fuel pump wiring arent giving any reads anu suggestions I tested with a curcuit tester

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Jjoh2 said:
the black cord didnt test for ground and the gray power cord didnt either now im trying to figure out do I have to replace my whole wiring or anuther fuse outside my relay bcuz my fuel pump wiring arent giving any reads anu suggestions I tested with a curcuit tester
You need a voltmeter to troubleshoot this properly. If I understand you, a circuit tester is one of those little things that light up when you connect it to a powered circuit. That isn't able to test grounds properly.

Replacing the "whole wiring" is a nutty thing to suggest when you haven't troubleshot the circuit using the right tools.

Have you changed the fuel pump relay #41?

Have you changed, tested, or inspected underhood fuse #10?

Those two items are necessary to put power on the gray wire at the fuel pump.

If you are using a proper meter to test for ground at the black wire, then you have a problem with ground lug G305 or the wiring from the fuel pump to the lug. Look here: Location of electrical grounds - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Jjoh2

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
Yu right abt the curcuit tester im goin to buy a voltmeter I only used the curcui t tester cuz I seen my03Lt youtube video...as far as the fuel relay goes I tried that and it didnt..work fuse #10pcmb I swaped with #7 idk if swapping them will work so how much is a voltmeter??

Jjoh2

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
I see my neg ground bolt on the frame but idk where my pos ground is should I post pictures of my harness hookup so I can get Better help??
the roadie said:

Need more details. What two other harnesses tested for ground? How did you test for ground? The vehicle's system is negative ground. Are you testing the relay with the ignition on when you hink the relay should be activated? Have you eliminated the fuse yet as the problem? Did you download the schematics and manuals using the instructions in the thread http://gmtnation.com/f23/need-service-manuals-get-them-here-371/

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Jjoh2 said:
...how much is a voltmeter??
$4-5 at Harbor Freight. But understanding how to use it is priceless. :wink:

Jjoh2 said:
...idk where my pos ground is
It's scary that you ask that question. :eek: There is no positive ground. What specifically makes you think you need one?
should I post pictures of my harness hookup so I can get Better help??
You need a local friend to show you how to use the meter. In general, members here assume you know how to use a meter and do basic electrical troubleshooting if you're trying to do what you're trying to do (and compose sentences...and spell without phone shorthand...but I digress....) Is it not possible to get an experienced auto electrical person to look at the connector and teach you?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online