Fuel Pressure Tester--Do I need the GM TBI Adapter?

gunrock

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Hi all,

I'd like to pick up a FP tester locally--but if I need the "GM TBI adapter", no one sells it in town. I assume newer GM's must use a proprietary test port?

I have found a few Actron part numbers that have this adapter. There is a GM kit I can get on eBay for $30, CP7817. The other is CP7838--it's a more universal kit, but I'll probably never need this tool again and cost $20 more bucks.

There is also CP7818 that I might consider in town, but I am thinking that won't work, plus it costs the same as cp7838, and I could have that in two days.

I watched May03LT's awesome videos on youtube (thanks dude), but I can't tell what kind of connector he is plugging into his 03.

Thanks,

gunrock

Actron®
Actron®
Actron®

gunrock

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Well I orderd the CP7838 kit which supposedly has the fittings for most vehicles, including GM TBI, so I'll post back once I receive it, in case someone else has the same question. about the fitting compatibility.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
" GM Throttle Body Injection (TBI) vehicles require the GM TBI Adapter "

(our trucks aren't tbi)

gunrock

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
jimmyjam said:
" GM Throttle Body Injection (TBI) vehicles require the GM TBI Adapter "

(our trucks aren't tbi)

LOL, okay, i was looking at the picture and the service port on my truck, and I couldn't quite tell--plus Actron's site didn't list newer vehicles on their kit you can get locally. Glad I didn't get the GM TBI only kit then. I will have the guage on Friday and paid the same price as the one locally, but compatible with more vehicles in case any friends want to borrow it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.