Fuel Gauge Light

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Hey all - I have noticed that when I get in my truck at night there is a glow coming from the low fuel light. It was a lot brighter when I first got my TB so I had it and the fuel sending unit replaced under warranty. No glow for almost a year, until it started again a few months ago. The light still works perfectly when I am low on fuel. I was just wondering if anybody else has a slight glow on that light and if I should be worried...

Thanks!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Don't think I've ever read about this issue. I've read about slight glows on the battery charging light, and looked into it a bit at that time. The gauge cluster's warning lights are all turned on and off by digital messages from the PCM, so its commands are only binary, a pure on or off message. If the light glows dimly, it's only that the display lamp driving circuit on the gauge cluster has leakage. You can send it off to one of many Ebay and internet vendors to fix, or ignore it. The glow is essentially just annoying, and means nothing.

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Thank you Roadie. I was hoping that it was just an annoying glow and nothing to worry about.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online