Fuel Filter?

jfkmk

Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
OK, I have a stupid question. My Envoy is an 06 with the I6 engine. Do I have a fuel filter on this vehicle? I've searched several automotive parts catalogs, including RockAuto, and it appears that GM stopped putting fuel filters in these after the 05 model year. Am I missing something? If my 06 has a fuel filter, where is it (and by the way, I feel foolish if it has one and I can't find it)?If they did stop putting in fuel filters, why??

Thanks!

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Yuup. In the tank. You can just change the filter, but, IMHO, unless you are really short of funds or enjoy dropping the gas tank, I'd change both the pump and filter. Are you having a problem? Or just want to replace it as a precaution?

jfkmk

Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
In the fuel tank....great place for it! No, I'm not having a problem, just looking to finish up some preventive maintenance. I'm not going to drop the tank, though, for preventive maintenance!

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
jfkmk said:
In the fuel tank....great place for it! No, I'm not having a problem, just looking to finish up some preventive maintenance. I'm not going to drop the tank, though, for preventive maintenance!

IMHO, that's a good call. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online