Fuel filter change....

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Im in the process of changing out the fuel filter but i noticed on the filter itself that one port shows 'OUT'. But on the old filter thats still on the TB has the fuel hose from the tank to the filter in the OUT port. Should the fuel hose from the tank to the fuel filter be on the IN port and the fuel hose going from the filter to engine be on the OUT port?

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
IMO, put the new filter on according to how the new filter has been marked.

Can we assume that you were not the person who put the old filter on?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Rubberman said:
Should the fuel hose from the tank to the fuel filter be on the IN port and the fuel hose going from the filter to engine be on the OUT port?

That's the way it should be. Is the OUT port closer to the center of the filter on both filters?

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
MAY03LT said:
That's the way it should be. Is the OUT port closer to the center of the filter on both filters?

OUT is the center port on both filters

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Well I guess since both lines are the same size, someone could have unknowingly swapped them.

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
i put on the fuel filter last year or the year before so i guess im the dipshit who didnt pay attention.

fj4072

Jun 1, 2012
Totalled my 03', I had replaced the fuel filter on that one a few times, easy location near the frame. I now have an 06', the fuel filter isn't in the same spot. Is it in a different location, or is it really in the fuel tank?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online