Front Brake Pads

Badbart

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
The front pads on my wife's 2004 TB LT were getting down to about 3 mm, so I got some Wagner replacements and put them on at 112K miles. The rotors were smooth and no pedal vibration so I didn't feel the need to turn them. We'll see if the Wagners will hold up as long as the OEM's.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My Advance Auto ceramic pads have done amazing even with all the crud i get in them wheeling. Really glad I got the drilled and slotted rotors, they did make a difference in braking power and shortened the stopping distance some.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
My Advance Auto ceramic pads have done amazing even with all the crud i get in them wheeling. Really glad I got the drilled and slotted rotors, they did make a difference in braking power and shortened the stopping distance some.

:iagree: The drilled and slotted rotors paired with the lifetime warranty ceramic pads from Advance Auto is the way to go. I have run this set up for 3 years now and my pad are still looking really good.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I have some Durlast CMax Gold series ceramic pads from Autozone on center blank rotors for mine.. once the swap to ceramic, absolutely zero brake dust on the front rims... gotta love that

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have those pads on rear and the rims stay clean

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I have those pads on rear and the rims stay clean

They just rust. :raspberry:

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
I have the drilled and slotted rotors that haven't failed in about 60k miles however I did put the GM Delco pads back on. I get them at cost so w/e I like how they perform

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
I have some Durlast CMax Gold series ceramic pads from Autozone on center blank rotors for mine.. once the swap to ceramic, absolutely zero brake dust on the front rims... gotta love that

Buy these and you will never pay for break pads on your truck again. They are clean and free replacement is a bonus.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online