Fog lights questions

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
So i bought these cause the output said 460lumen more like 25 lumen.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=120894668143
So, i want white led fogs that are as bright as my x-tune 27w bulbs they are yellow and super bright but i want led to save on amp draw. Anyone here can link me to a good choice???

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
LED's are not what you want for head lights or fog lights etc. They suck on range and will not give you the output you want! If you want the best bet are HID's!

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
LED's are not what you want for head lights or fog lights etc. They suck on range and will not give you the output you want! If you want the best bet are HID's!

Yup. They look great but perform terrible

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ghost said:
Yup. They look great but perform terrible

HID's are not crazy expensive!! DDMtuning has good prices to consider!! Here is a link

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

on sale also for $35 which is a great deal, that with a harness and shipping looking at maybe $60 or so? They look awesome also and will give you soo much more light. Just one thing is make sure they are aimed right so you don't see fingers or red and blue lights behind you :thumbsup:

Not sure on your state law but I know mine doesn't allow blue fogs so look up your laws and make sure of it

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
HID's are not crazy expensive!! DDMtuning has good prices to consider!! Here is a link

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

on sale also for $35 which is a great deal, that with a harness and shipping looking at maybe $60 or so? They look awesome also and will give you soo much more light. Just one thing is make sure they are aimed right so you don't see fingers or red and blue lights behind you :thumbsup:

Not sure on your state law but I know mine doesn't allow blue fogs so look up your laws and make sure of it

Lmao @ blue fogs. No rice here man! I'm going with 35w for fogs and lows and 6000k temp I might go with 5000k I want white. Stay away from 55w unless you want to see melted plastic.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Made the purchase for the fogs. Ordered the Xentec 6000k kit 880 bulbs for $32 shipped here in California hopefully they'll be here Thursday or Friday :cool::biggrin::thumbup:
I bet they'll be brighter than my 100w rally high beams:biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ghost said:
Lmao @ blue fogs. No rice here man! I'm going with 35w for fogs and lows and 6000k temp I might go with 5000k I want white. Stay away from 55w unless you want to see melted plastic.

haha good to hear!! I see quite a bit of rice laying around the streets sometimes lol

Ghost said:
Made the purchase for the fogs. Ordered the Xentec 6000k kit 880 bulbs for $32 shipped here in California hopefully they'll be here Thursday or Friday :cool::biggrin::thumbup:
I bet they'll be brighter than my 100w rally high beams:biggrin:

They will be brighter, but not to bust your nuts but I don't really hear too many good things about that brand. People on here and other sites have had problems. Could be good for you so maybe its just your luck in a way for it idk

cant wait to see them on :thumbsup:

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I was looking at LED's for the fogs but performance looks to be terrible no matter brand. Seems to be something to do for appearance only. I went with VVME 5000k HID kits for lows and fogs. They've been installed almost a year now and no issues. They do have a slight blue cast for the first 30-60 secs until they really warm up, then its a pure white. If I had my time back I might go with 4300k, as I didn't want much of a color change over stock I just wanted higher output. And 4300k would perfectly match the Sylvania Ultrastars in my highs.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Im pissed off now

All the tabs on one of the hids shattered to tiny pieces cheap ass chinese junk. Im just going to sillicon the last bulb in. I tried to take pics but my phone is being a pita

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
ahydenu5.jpg

They light up nice. But I'm just leaving one led and one hid. When I get home I'm ordering those WWV hid kit that was posted up

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Alright got another question i have the quad mod whats the easiest way to mod the fogs to be on when the highs are on ? Its going to wear and tear the hids when i need to shine a nut on the road with my highs.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
They will be brighter, but not to bust your nuts but I don't really hear too many good things about that brand. People on here and other sites have had problems. Could be good for you so maybe its just your luck in a way for it idk

Older Xentecs weren't so bad, but they were also $80. I had a set and they worked fine, though they still aren't as good as my Morimoto set right next to them.

The newer Xentecs are cheaper, and crappier, for sure.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
The left is led supposidly 7000k the right is hid 6000k xentec sell cheapo !
y4ate3u6.jpg

Hope my 5000k show up tommorow!

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
haha good to hear!! I see quite a bit of rice laying around the streets sometimes lol

Xentec is improving. But with the supplier I use from CA if a ballast goes out, he replaces it with in 3-4 days no questions and I usually have extras on hand to give/send to people who buy from me. The ballast is the only thing that may go bad and of all the sets I've sold it might be 10%. I don't hear anything good about DDM customer service-takes 3 weeks to get a replacement??

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online