Fog Light adjusting

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Guys i really need help. My fog light needs adjusting. And i dont know how. Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
kjkim93 said:
Guys i really need help. My fog light needs adjusting. And i dont know how. Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

They should be adjustable, on my Envoy there is an adjustment screw on the bottom of each housing, this will move them up and down, I don't know what is the proper aim but mine are pretty low. as long as you don't go up to much to blind oncoming traffic you should be okay. Maybe someone else can chime in with proper aiming instructions if there is such a thing?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Maybe someone else can chime in with proper aiming instructions if there is such a thing?

Unfortunately I'm at work and can't get to my Haynes manual, which has very good instructions for aiming lights. I'll check when I get home tonight if you can wait 24 hours.

As DnD said, there is an adjustment screw on the bottom of the housing, just make sure you use some magic piss on it first because it'll probably be rusty.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
there is an adjustment screw. when i've adjusted mine, i find a level place to park facing
a wall of somesort, far enough away to see the fogs hitting the wall while in the drivers seat,
and adjust them (up or down) so they hit the wall in the same spot on both sides. :twocents:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I think typically fogs are aimed similar to headlights. Park 20 feet away from a wall on a level surface and adjust so the top edge of the hot spot is an inch (or two, don't remember exactly) lower than the top edge of the light housing itself.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I looked in the manual and couldn't find anything for the fogs, but the headlight one is very good. (I might try and make an article on it when I get a chance).

I would follow Sparky's recommendation, just make sure that you don't adjust them too far up.

andrew4321

Jan 28, 2012
Adjusted my fog lamps and decided to take a couple of photos of the adjustment mechanism. Sorry for the relatively poor quality of the pictures.:squint:

Attachments

• IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 5

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731