Florida...No AC...Awesome..High Five!

Freddy G.

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So I went out early this morning and No problems. Ac Worked fine. 3pm I get in the truck and start her up and the Dash vents blowing Hot Air out and the Rear center Console will not power on, Press Power and it says Off, Not blowing. Check the Compressor and it's not spinning.

I am Guessing this means my Compressor went on me?

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
hmm if the compressor isn't engaging i'd check to see if the wire going to the coil is getting power. if it is change the coil out, if not, troubleshoot the circuit

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
MUCH more likely to be a control circuit, or a leak that the low pressure switch did its job to stop the compressor BEFORE it destroyed itself by running dry.

Get it to a professional. It's not a DIY job, in general. Unless it's the simple low pressure switch, and you can check that with a paper clip as long as you know the pressures are OK by using gauges.

Freddy G.

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So before I tested the Ac Compressor for Power and a Ground I figured, What would it hurt to get under the truck and unplug the Compressor and plug it back it. I did so and started her up. ICE COLD AIR AGAIN. Somebody Explain Please..

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Electrical connectors can often oxidize and fail as they age. They were designed with seals to keep the atmosphere out, but sometimes salt can get in there and accelerate corrosion, and unplugging and replugging them is a time-honored fix. I might have suggested that if you were in a northern state that uses salt on the roads in the winter, but I guess depending on where you drive in FL, you might have a lot of salt dissolved in the moisture in the air.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online