flipdown no vid

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
I had put this on the incorrect section first go around lol.I have looked on the site which shouldn't be named already for this solution and I found nothing on here pertaining exactly what I need. I'm having the no video but have sound on my panasonic stock flipdown. I heard that a wire can become loose or snap at the pivot point on the flip down. I haven't seen a diagram to know which wire does what from the DVD player to the screen. I have it apart now as you can see Lol.

Attachments

• 20150613_140504.jpg
    20150613_140504.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 7

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I took care of your other post. Best thing next time is to just report it and ask to move it to proper section. Less work all around.

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
thank you. I didn't realize it was in wrong sec at first. I haven't really delv into the forum completely to know all the spots. Thanks again I think I found the wire. It's a dark green one was held together by only a piece of rubber lol. Ima try it out wish me luck

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Well I got it. Lol sure enough I peel back the wire cover and there's a dark green wire held together by a string of rubber. Soldered it together and good to go

Attachments

• 1434235221771.jpg
    1434235221771.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 5

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Ok not completely solved. I'm getting the dreaded buzzing in the speakers when the car is running and the DVD player is on. That's the only time its on. I'm assuming there is audio being fed to the tv for the ir headphones? If so then im gonna have to take it apart again and try to rewrap it again. Lol sweet stuff

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You're so good, you didn't even need any help, well at least for that one wire. Did it have that buzzing noise before? Is it alternator noise?

Reactions: cubano1992

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
no buzzing before. I had buzzing at one time when I first put my highs amp in. But that went away when I redid my ground for it. That was months ago. It is alternator noise because it only buzzes with the blaze running. To get to the one wire I had to snip alot of the harness wrap. Even the crossbraided wire. I wasn't fully aware that the other lines were possibly audio and that's where I'm getting it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe getting an RF choke for the power supply line might help.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A radio frequency choke. Basically a noise reducer for the power line. Available at anyplace that sells car audio.

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Ok. Would I have to take the whole unit apart? As in the screen cover and all? Ink where it would go

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Ok I. Found out if the car is on but not running i will get the noise. Just want get louder because of no alternator spooling. So definitely not the Rica ones since we don't have rca lines going to the radio.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Probably a ground loop problem then. It might not have the RCA connectors but it would be spliced into the audio output of the DVD.

One question, is your DVD connected directly to the radio or does it use an FM modulator? I have one in my 02 EXT but it was added on and uses an FM modulator wired right into the antenna wire.

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
If it would be right between the radio and antenna connector on back of unit then no. I have two connectors going into my head unit.i was assuming the speakers and the other was DVD.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So probably you would get a ground loop isolator and fabricate some RCA connectors to work with it.

Now I'm going on the assumption that this is what is causing the noise and not internal damage to the DVD, which is also possible.

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
I don't know why it would be damaged. Sound wise (beside the screen) it worked perfectly fine. I had to peel back the cover and the whole wire ground sleeve to get to the cut wire. Ima order the stuff and ill have an update. 😊

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
cubano1992 said:
I don't know why it would be damaged. Sound wise (beside the screen) it worked perfectly fine. I had to peel back the cover and the whole wire ground sleeve to get to the cut wire. Ima order the stuff and ill have an update.
Now that would explain it. The ground shielding is there to prevent interference and noise. Did you replace it or something? I usually use tin foil wrapped around the wires and contact the ends that were peeled back.

cubano1992

Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
To be honest I kinda thought it was a factory style seal that a machine did. Lol but I tried my best to fold it over the wires again and taped the original black cover back on.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Try the ground loop isolator first and see what happens.

Reactions: cubano1992

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online