Finally heard it....

Booner

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Ok, my girlfriend has been telling me about this noise she is hearing in her Envoy, and I even posted on here about it earlier. Until now, I had not heard the noise, so I just had a general description. Tonight, I heard it. It kind of sounds like a bunch of bees, or flies buzzing, and it is coming from the rear hatch area, behind the panel on the passenger side. Can anyone tell me what is behind that panel that could be making a noise like this? Oh yea, I mistakenly listed her Envoy as an 05, its an 06. Thanks for your help....

Jul 24, 2012
Bees, maybe?

We had a nest get inside our house, it was crazy to hear them buzzing behind the drywall.

Speaker?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
the only things behind that panel are your BOSE amp if you have the BOSE amplified system, or if you have air bags for the rear suspension, the compartment in the back has the little side access nozzle and a switch to turn the compressor on and off in case you need to pump up a tire, basketball, etc... i think there is something else back there, like maybe the seat belt etc... but thats all i can guess right now..

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Is it a buzzing noise coming from ur amp?? Can u hear ur turning signal and hear engine noise and stuff like that??? My SS does this and its a bad ground. Since I have the headphone thing for the back seats it makes it thru there somehow. I just give it a quick "love" tap to the center console and it usually goes away. Too lazy to figure out what it actually is.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I know that my quick-release cover in the RR cargo area has become loose. The 2 tabs flip over but don't hold themselves in snugly, they don't rattle but being loose I'm sure they may in time....I would check it out anyway.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Booner said:
Ok, my girlfriend has been telling me about this noise she is hearing in her Envoy, and I even posted on here about it earlier. Until now, I had not heard the noise, so I just had a general description. Tonight, I heard it. It kind of sounds like a bunch of bees, or flies buzzing, and it is coming from the rear hatch area, behind the panel on the passenger side. Can anyone tell me what is behind that panel that could be making a noise like this? Oh yea, I mistakenly listed her Envoy as an 05, its an 06. Thanks for your help....

#1) It helps to keep everything in one post so we can reference it for info.
#2) Is the Envoy a SWB or XL?

Booner

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Its a Denali XL. I realize keeping everything in one post is helpful, but to be honest, I thought she may have been hearing a phantom noise. I have heard noises from my Sierra that no one else seems to be able to hear. My bad....

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
On the XL, the HVAC unit is in the rear, but I don't remember which side.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
LWB HVAC is on the passenger's side. The Bose amp is on the driver's side far rear.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online

No members online now.