Finally got pictures of my new SS!

91RS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Washed today and got some pictures of my new SS (been almost 2 months now though). I didn't get a chance to get any pictures after my two-day exterior detail. The paint looked like it had only ever seen a gas station car wash unfortunately, water spots everywhere. Still have to try and work them out of the glass. The interior was very clean luckily, so it just got cleaned as I went on with my 3SS conversion. I want to get a new windshield that has the factory fading blue tint strip at the top and get it and the side windows tinted. As far as plans, I think I'm going to leave the ride height alone (at least try) because I really would like it to drive well. I got to keep some stuff from my old 02 like the wheels, rear swaybar, radio, 3SS mirrors (I swapped the painted caps). I already installed a Corsa cat-back and I'm going to do American Racing Headers with PCMforless tune. It should stay stock otherwise because I don't want to keep a spare transmission in the back. Now onto the pictures! I've been slowly getting better with my camera work and I think these turned out pretty good despite the harsh mid-day light.

IMG_5428m.jpg

IMG_5436m.jpg

IMG_5449m.jpg

IMG_5465m.jpg

Here's what I came from:

IMG_3973.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Looks great man! But where are the center caps for your rims? lol

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I like the ride. U gonna adjust the sensors to drop the ass?? I love the stance of ur "old" tb.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Looks good! I know you are going to do a lot of good things to it.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Get me pictures of that header install when you do it I have been debating it, I cant do american lol im a student i was thinking more like pacesetter. You can ateast lower the rear to even it ,it takes all of 10 minutes I can even get you a write up on it just saying lol anyway sweet SS and welcome to the club :thumbsup:
Stock Position
IMAG0037.jpg

Sensor Trick
IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Looks great.

91RS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
stormsurge said:
Like the blue.

Me too. That was the color I wanted (and also, of course, seems to be the hardest to find). That's what sold me on it because normally I wouldn't have bought a base model (already converted to a 3SS minus adjustable pedals and rear audio, but just a whole bunch of work), but the color and service history sold it. It was owned by an older (50s??) woman, which was both good and bad. Good in that it wasn't beaten on, serviced properly, and the interior was clean. Bad in that the paint needed help, it has scratches (not an eyesore after paint correction), and 2 dings on the passenger side from parking.

91RS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Get me pictures of that header install when you do it I have been debating it, I cant do american lol im a student i was thinking more like pacesetter. You can ateast lower the rear to even it ,it takes all of 10 minutes I can even get you a write up on it just saying lol anyway sweet SS and welcome to the club :thumbsup:
Stock Position
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd209/StlProject2007/IMAG0037.jpg

Sensor Trick
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd209/StlProject2007/IMAG0170.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd209/StlProject2007/IMAG0171.jpg

I do plan on leveling it. I like the way it rides and drives and I don't want to ruin that since the plan is to drive this more and keep the miles down on the C55 (my old truck pulled left, but I now think it was worn control arm bushings because the same tires don't pull on the new truck and everything else had been replaced). The ride is actually about the same as the old truck, just not crashy (which I've seen people say is due to all the available lowering springs not being progressive rate). So IF I do end up lowering this truck it'll be with coilovers. We'll see how that goes, I said I wasn't going to do anything to te C55 and now I've gone wacko with it (supercharged).

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Looks great, I too like the blue.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
hmmmmm :undecided: your SS looks mighty familiar :crackup:

heres mine lowered (air bag adjustment)

sittinjustright.jpg

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
91RS said:
Me too. That was the color I wanted (and also, of course, seems to be the hardest to find). That's what sold me on it because normally I wouldn't have bought a base model (already converted to a 3SS minus adjustable pedals and rear audio, but just a whole bunch of work), but the color and service history sold it. It was owned by an older (50s??) woman, which was both good and bad. Good in that it wasn't beaten on, serviced properly, and the interior was clean. Bad in that the paint needed help, it has scratches (not an eyesore after paint correction), and 2 dings on the passenger side from parking.

I have the black granite 2008. Some banker owned it. Inside was nice but outside needed some tlc. Rims where so bad i stripped them and repollished them. Look better than stock now. Still have a scratch that i need to fix. Quolted at $500.00. Lifting my 03 right now so that can wait.

Attachments

• P1010038 (2).jpg
    P1010038 (2).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 9

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
can you tell me how you re polished because my previous owner was also an idiot, did you just take them to a shop or diy

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
I used aircraft stripper any brand works. You can get it at hardware or auto part stores. just aply it, wait till it stops bubbling and wash it off. Repete where you need to. Be sure to have gloves on. this stuff will burn your skin easly. After that i used mothers polish on them. once you strip them they are harder to keep clean. I go over them about once a month win its warm out. The look and shine is 100% better than stock. I think its worth the time.:yes: I use Liquid Glass Car pollish but its getting hard to find.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
can you tell me how you re polished because my previous owner was also an idiot, did you just take them to a shop or diy

Are your rims chrome? They dont look stock.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online