Factory radio RPO's

gmctodd

Don't know if I should post here or under the GMT360 section but:
My previous Envoy was an 06 with the sun and sound pkg. that included the 6-disc cd player. My current 08 has the same pkg. but is only a single disc. Can somebody help determine what radio I should have?
The reason I ask is when I bought this new in 08 my dealer had to get this from another dealer, when we took delivery he acted funny when he discovered it ws only a single disc. I didn't think that much about it and surugged it off. Now I am planning a Navi upgrade and want to know if the installed radio is correct. I have the UQA which is the bose system but none of the other Uxx codes match up to a radio.

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
I searched for a bit, and found the package includes the Bose amp and speakers, but the brochures were inconclusive on the number of CDs supported by the head unit.

Boricua SS

nice to see you over here.. i noticed you posted on the OS but to no success..

i had a similar issue with my SS... i dont have the BOSE setup, but for some reason, i had a BOSE stereo.. or at least i thought so.. when i turned my radio on, it would scroll BOSE for a few seconds, then go to my normal screen... turns out, it was a different radio that someone put in the SS before i bought it and they had it programmed to my VIN... i know this doesnt help.. but the poissibilties are there to switch radios...

OP
gmctodd

gmctodd

Yes UQA is the Bose speakers. I figured it out, I was inputting the RPO as an o insteaed of a zero. I have RPO code UB0. The 6 disc in dash HU is UC6 and the single Cd is UB0(zero). So I am guessing I need the non Lux TNR for my navi upgrade. If I am reading correctly the Lux amps are only available 03 and earlier. I thought the Denali's would still have the Lux option!

Thanks guys

Busterbrown

gmctodd said:
If I am reading correctly the Lux amps are only available 03 and earlier. I thought the Denali's would still have the Lux option!

Yes, 2004 and newer GMT360's with the bose option, are non-lux.

TPW1500

Recently bought an 06 Envoy XL Denali w/ 5.3. The Bose just doesnt sound close to what I have in my 03 XL XLT w/ Bose ....So even a '06 Envoy XL Denali with UQA and Y91 is the non lux setup? .....Was going to swap out the Touch Screen Nav for a Aftermarket unit w/ Camera capability, now it sounds that I need to find a Lux amp and the correct PAC converter....

I have read so many threads on multiple forums but the single sentence above "Yes, 2004 and newer GMT360's with the bose option, are non-lux." has provided the most clarity. Now to open up the interior rear qtr panel and verify the amp and see if it has a sub woofer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaatt

Secure Browsing

Top Bottom