envoy rear doors

BHAMER

Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Hey everybody, please forgive me if this was asked before, but does anyone know if the rear dors on an 06 envoy are the same as the rear doors on the envoy xl. I am interested in the rear belt moldings around the windows to be exact. I did do a search on here and didnt see anything, but that doesnt mean it hasnt been asked.

Thanks
Bryan

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Is your envoy swb with only two rows of seats?

The lwb/three row seating 360's (actually 370's) have full-sized rear doors whereas swb have the wheel well cutting up into the door.

The strip you're talking about though (if we're thinking about the same thing) should be the same. Why not get a tape measure out and measure yours compared to the opposing xl's?

Reactions: BHAMER

BHAMER

Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
mine is a swb it only has 2 rows of seating, the front seats and then the rear seats. I would like to measure the molding( the one directly under the glass and that wraps all around the window), unfortunately I don't have any xl's close. I just saw one today in passing, and I liked the way the belt molding followed the contours of the windows. I will have to try and find one and see what I can do.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Both the rear doors, AND lift gate are different between the LWB and SWB

BHAMER

Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:768]
its the molding that goes all around the window on the rear doors, not the hatch. I guess I know the doors them selves are different but it looked as if the window sections may be the same. I liked the way the xl molding actually follows the curve of the window on the rear doors, so I was just curious if anyone knew if the moldings are the same.mold1.png

sorry pics are small i know, but at least you can get the idea

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Grabbed this on a Google search. Looks slightly different to me. :undecided:

2006_GMC_Envoy_XL_top2.jpg_99.jpg

BHAMER

Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
That's the one I am curious about. It has the rear curve/angle in it. The non xl is slightly curved then straight across to tie in with the rear quarter glass. I didnt know if anyone here has exchanged the one for the other?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online