Envoy garage door opener..help!

b.paine

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I read the manual, over and over, I cannot program my envoy to open my garage door. My daughters envoy will not open her door either. The way I understand the manual, we are teaching the car the code from the old handheld clicker, then it can send that newly learned code to the garage door device but it doesn't....:frown::crazy:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
looking @ the OM, in mine it covers 3 pages, total of 8 steps.
final step is pressing the "smart/learn" button located on the motor housing of the opener.
if your opener does not have a "smart/learn" button you may be out of luck.
i was able to program both my 03 and 09.
it does say put in fresh batteries in the hand held remote.
other thing may want to look @ is, rear fuse box (under seat) in my OM it says
fuse #27 controls "onstar overhead battery, onstar system
in under hood fuse box, # 48 is instrument panel battery.
just my :twocents: on what to look at.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
You only have to press the "learn/smart" button on the opener if it is a rolling code unit.

Mine programmed easily using the procedure in the manual. I'll see if I can find a GMC manual to see if there is any difference. I know the Toyota Homelink programs differently than the one in my Chevy.

ETA: OK, I just looked in the 2007 Envoy manual, and man, is it ever a pain! I guess with the unit(s) there in front of me, I could do it. Homelink is pretty simple compared the the "Universal Home Remote System" with either the three round LEDs or the one triangular LED.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
To get mine to work, we had to reset the whole garage opener system and restart it. The car picked it up fine after that. I programed 2 of the buttons just incase one craps out on me

b.paine

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
OKOKOKOK now it works, I did not do steps 6-7 or 8 boy are we happy...thanks for all your efforts too.:yes::smile::crazy:

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Glad to hear you got it working. It is nice not having to hunt for the opener that fell off the visor and slid under the seat (or wherever they go).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.